MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I've been stitched out of basically all of my wages this month thanks to a monumental cockup with my hours. Its a long story and I've told so many people today I couldn't be bothered telling it again.

So anyway, it effectively means I have £1.15 to last me the month, and with that I have to pay all my bills, eat, drink and drive as well.

Needless to say I'm up the poop canal with no paddle.

As such, I'm trying to sell some of the stuff I have no use for any more.
Actually that's a lie. I need it all still, but I need the money more, so heres the link:
http://www.php2.net/daz/sale.htm
and it's being updated all the time once I manage to get the courage to sell something else.

Bear in mind if you are interested in any of this stuff, postage costs are extra, as there's not much I can do in regards to posting a laptop with £1.15!

Save me from horrendous overdraft charges and debt!

Thanks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
you do know by law they cant hold any money thats your for more than 36 hours. demand it or taking it to your union

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PSP shape one.

The money technically isn't mine, but I didn't know about it till my payslip came through. Basically they worked out my hours wrong and paid me too much the past 2 months, and so this month they've raked it all back in, much to my displeasure, leaving me with £1.15 for the whole month.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
That happened to me mate, when I went from full time to part time. I kept the money in a high interest account and when they found out they said they wanted it back. I pleaded my case that I was a young student and couldn't afford to do this. Eventually I had to pay half of it back, still £600 which took me two months to pay off!

Sorry but I was after the SP.
Cheers and good luck.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
They cant do that to you.

i strongly advise you to contact citizens advice and find out where you legally stand.

You will still have to pay it back, but it should be an arrangement that adequately suits both parties.

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
Your employer is quite possibly in violation of your contract, a seroius offence!

Get legal advice ASAP.

Try Acas

http://www.acas.org.uk/

My mate had holiday pay witheld, Acas rang his boss, his wages were in his bank account 12pm that afternoon!

Dti

http://www.dti.gov.uk/employment/em...1.html#Breach_of_contract_claims_by_employees

Unlawful deductions from wages

The employment legislation imposes no requirement on an employer to pay an employee's wages at any particular time, in any particular form or by any particular method such as cash, cheque or credit transfer. These, like other terms and conditions of employment, remain matters for negotiation and agreement between the parties concerned. If certain payment arrangements have been agreed between the parties and the employer subsequently departs from these, then the employee may be entitled to make a breach of contract claim - as described in the earlier sections of this booklet - if he or she suffers a measurable financial loss as a result.

The legislation does however provide specific protection for individuals against having unauthorised deductions made from their wages (including complete non-payment of wages).

And the CAB.

http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/index/getadvice

If your empoyer does not have the money get nasty with the County court and the bayliffs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi, sorry to hear about your wage problems, simelar thing happened to me where i was under taxed for a few wages and the inland revenue decided they wanted the money lol.

im interested in the nokia 7600, what colour is it and do you know how much it would cost to get it delivered to me in cardiff? also what method of payment would you want to use for it?

could you email me since im not a regular visitor to this site. [email protected]

cheers

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Everything is going wrong. Looks like I'm gonna have to sell my car too...

Quick rundown in case anyone has any idea of how this works:

Mum died in september, we had a fairly hefty mortgage. She had a life assurance policy which was supposed to cover the total amount of the mortgage. I was told I didn't need to make payments as it would be cleared off...

Now it's June, getting on for 9 months later, and the assurance policy has still not cleared off yet, and the mortgage company have decided they want £3200 off me...

I don't have that sort of money...

Am I actually gonna have to pay this? If so, my car needs to be sold so I can buy some G reg fiesta...

So aside from the wages issue, I'm also being robbed of £3200 that I don't see why I should have to pay if the life assurance policy was supposed to pay it off in the first place? The life assurance has been confirmed and IS going to be paid, I'm just sat like a lemon waiting for it to happen...but somehow they think I owe them £3200 more? I don't get it myself...

I tell you what it's been an emotional night :(

7600 is the cream/beige one, locked to 3, I accept paypal.

Alloys would fit that car, yes

5.1 system is goodmans

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
the life assurance company have agreed in the policy to pay off the mortgage?

That is a contract, they are in violation of that contract.

Get to the CAB, at the CAB Solictors give up their time free of charge to sort things like this out, get it sorted before the mortgage company tries to take you to court and send the bailiffs around, bailiffs in the case of unpaid Rent/mortgage do have the right to force entry on the first visit, this is only time they can do this, other than the Tax man apointed bailiffs.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts