MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got to get this off my chest-but the other day I saw a 307 cc and it was the most vile looking and horrible car I think I have ever set eyes on.

I once had a 306 ,a nice looking well made drivers car which was made HERE at Ryton. Now pugs are vile plasticy poorly made slovakian/french rubbish made or should I say thrown together by a company who dosen't give two figs for it's British workers.

So to all those smug looking people in their 207's/307 cc's etc-GET A GRIP THIS COMPANY SHAFTED 2,300 PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY AND YET YOU STILL GIVE THEM TONS OF YOUR CASH.

My ZT's a cool car a modern pugs DEFO NOT!

Just wanted to say that.....now do you want a JC rant :dddc:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
i like the 306, its a lot nicer than the crap they put out now.

the vile front ends on the new cars annoy the crap out of me.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Owned a Pug 206cc and it was at the dealership longer than on my drive in the two years we had it,the worst car ive ever owned .:irked:The car was even sent back to Coventry to be checked out,it wasnt any different when it came back still loads of electrical problems,got rid in the end and bought a TF the car we should have bought in the first place

·
Registered
13,101 Posts
So to all those smug looking people in their 207's/307 cc's etc-GET A GRIP THIS COMPANY SHAFTED 2,300 PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY AND YET YOU STILL GIVE THEM TONS OF YOUR CASH.
why do people assume anybody gives a crap about stuff like that when they are buying a car :dunno: i have no idea, i konw i certainly wouldnt. people buy the car they like and can afford, nobodies bothered about where the money goes not that theyd know anyways.

im not for that or anything just wondering why you assume people even consider it.

my mate happends to have a new 307 normal 5 door one and its very nice indeed, doesnt look that good but its very comfortable inside.

·
Banned
5,073 Posts
I've got to get this off my chest-but the other day I saw a 307 cc and it was the most vile looking and horrible car I think I have ever set eyes on.

I once had a 306 ,a nice looking well made drivers car which was made HERE at Ryton. Now pugs are vile plasticy poorly made slovakian/french rubbish made or should I say thrown together by a company who dosen't give two figs for it's British workers.

My ZT's a cool car a modern pugs DEFO NOT!

Just wanted to say that.....now do you want a JC rant :dddc:
How many workers were shafted by the inept management of MGR ?

Peugeot have lost their way with design, the 306 was a classic and the 206 nicw when it was first out but dated now. The 207 isn't a redical enough improvement. 307 is poorly designed although the 407 is nice compared to the 406. 107 as a replacement (eventually) for the 106 is a joke and we will say no more about 1007.

Saying that MGR cars were no better, a new bumper here and a smoothed tailgate here - hardly moving with the times was it ? If MGR was a boat it would have been called Titanic.

·
Banned
5,073 Posts
GET A GRIP THIS COMPANY SHAFTED 2,300 PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY AND YET YOU STILL GIVE THEM TONS OF YOUR CASH.
One thing to bear in mind is at least Peugeot employed these people in the 1st place. Manufacturers who build their cars abroad do not get slated in the same way yet never contributed a single job to the UK apart from dealerships.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why do people assume anybody gives a crap about stuff like that when they are buying a car :dunno: i have no idea, i konw i certainly wouldnt. people buy the car they like and can afford, nobodies bothered about where the money goes not that theyd know anyways.

im not for that or anything just wondering why you assume people even consider it.

my mate happends to have a new 307 normal 5 door one and its very nice indeed, doesnt look that good but its very comfortable inside.
A colleague at work has a 307 which self ignited-not exactly good eh?

Oh and I DO care about where my car is made and if more folk did more people would have decent jobs in manufacturing in this country.

And the 307 cc is utterly vile BTW.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How many workers were shafted by the inept management of MGR ?

Peugeot have lost their way with design, the 306 was a classic and the 206 nicw when it was first out but dated now. The 207 isn't a redical enough improvement. 307 is poorly designed although the 407 is nice compared to the 406. 107 as a replacement (eventually) for the 106 is a joke and we will say no more about 1007.

Saying that MGR cars were no better, a new bumper here and a smoothed tailgate here - hardly moving with the times was it ? If MGR was a boat it would have been called Titanic.
The MGR workers were shafted by an apethetic general public ,a government determined to destroy manufacturing in this country ,and above all CLARKSON!

And nothing MGR made could possibly be compared to a 1007 or any other 'foreign rubbish' Peugeot nail together these days.

·
Registered
13,101 Posts
The MGR workers were shafted by an apethetic general public ,a government determined to destroy manufacturing in this country ,and above all CLARKSON!

And nothing MGR made could possibly be compared to a 1007 or any other 'foreign rubbish' Peugeot nail together these days.
your saying JC was the main cause of MGRs closure? nothing to do with bad management or anything along them lines.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
your saying JC was the main cause of MGRs closure? nothing to do with bad management or anything along them lines.
He played his part.

As for bad management ,well fat kev also played his part.

A relative of mine was there for 26 years BTW ,was well peed off when he got tossed out.

JC rubbished the 260 ,which shows how little he knows about cars.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
A colleague at work has a 307 which self ignited-not exactly good eh?

Oh and I DO care about where my car is made and if more folk did more people would have decent jobs in manufacturing in this country.

And the 307 cc is utterly vile BTW.

Everything you say my friend is bang on, every time. If more people in this country gave a crap we would still have a great car industry today. People say BL made bad cars yes it's true but so did Fiat, Renault, Peugeot, Citroen, Ford, GM etc, they are all still in Business. So that can't be the only reason also alot of them still make crap cars. If people say it's because Rover's are old, well the KA is still selling in good numbers and it's older than most of MGR's stuff, we all know of other manufacturers re hashing old designs and chassis ala Nova to Corsa etc.. so it's not that either.

When you explore what set MGR apart from the rest it was near scandelous media reporting, poor marketing we all know French cars finish at the botton of CS tables, yet clever, sexy advertising has helped people think if you drive a Peugeot people will be envyous and hide their car behind a bush! It's a f ing Peugeot for gods sakes and finally an apathetic British car buying public, who neither care, or are ignorant to the fact buying these tacky Euroboxes is sending money out of the country as opposed to the 2 billion pounds in exports we have lost, and who pays for it, yes us and all of those Peugeot, Citroen and Renault drivers, clueless ******* I am close to giving up it just falls on deaf ears, but still nice to know I am not alone in my utter detest of this crap clogging up our roads.

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
No Mike, you're far from alone :)

And if I can be self indulgent for a moment, you're actually in exceedingly good company ;)

Regards

John

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
I don't know, Renault are hardly innocent of that behaviour...

·
Registered
9,970 Posts
Yes I agree the 307 cc is horrid. And I dislike the 206 cc too. Someone on this site said the other day that you allways see fat middle aged blonde women trying to be young driving 206cc's. And funnily enough the next day I saw a 206cc and it was being driven by a 50 year old blonde trying to look 20.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Its a shame really. They made some really nice cars in the latter part of the 80's and early ninties. My Dad has a 405 estate as a workhorse, its a great car and just keeps going. My Sister has a 51 plate 406, and its just such a heap of junk! Spends so much time been fixed its hardly worth keeping it anymore, and its just about worththe same as my Dads 405 too now....
Jim

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Well without getting into pointles debates over all this nobody should by french stuff and MGR shouldn't of went bust etc... I'd like to just add my :2c: about Peugeot. My OH had a 306 2.0 xsi, it was utter rubbish I have no understanding of what it is people seem to like like about theses "drivers" cars. Horrible pedals, clunky gear box, coarse engine and performance, what performance? A 1.4 ZR would easily match it. My OH certainly won't consider having a Peugeot again!
I have also had long term use of a 307 before. All I can say is it was very bland to drive, slow and not very practical considering it looks very people carrier like. Basicaly just a very very bland experience.

Before driving these cars I had nothing against Peugeot you see plenty of them around so you'd think people buy them for a reason, but after my encounters with the brand I have no idea what it is.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
slightly ashamed to have one of these on the drive:

But it's behaved itself so far, coming up to 30k miles. And actually, I rather like it.

Plus it's going to be the principal load-carrier for this year's LeMans trip accompanying a couple of other vehicles.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Yes I agree the 307 cc is horrid. And I dislike the 206 cc too. Someone on this site said the other day that you allways see fat middle aged blonde women trying to be young driving 206cc's. And funnily enough the next day I saw a 206cc and it was being driven by a 50 year old blonde trying to look 20.
That was me and I am pleased you have found it to be true, I will say I am seeing lots of men driving them now too. I believe they are known as Metro-Sexual which means they are straight but effiminate, or in touch with their femmine side which sounds right! But the 206cc is driven for the most part by overweight women, usually badly dressed with bleached hair who think they look cool, and think men fancy them, but I wouldn't!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
slightly ashamed to have one of these on the drive:

But it's behaved itself so far, coming up to 30k miles. And actually, I rather like it.

Plus it's going to be the principal load-carrier for this year's LeMans trip accompanying a couple of other vehicles.
It's your money and your choice but I always consider when I buy something could I buy something made here of the same or better quality price etc..Well you could have bought a ZT-T or a 75 Tourer, similar price, better reliability record, better ride comfort, split tailgete as many features and in addtion to all of that you would have been putting money into this country helping our balance of payments instead of sending your wages abroad and costing all of us including yourself more in tax. But like I said it is your choice!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts