MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Below is a quick spec of the car :-

Engine / Gearbox : OEM Standard with new clutch (about to be fitted), 52mm TB and ICON RACE Unit (To be fitted), new headgasket and head skimmed by 12 thou'.

Car : Standard Rover 200 214 SE 1998 with Air-con, ideal for long hot stages !!

Shell : Lightened and fitted with a Fabricage 6-point FIA spec cage, with built in harness bars.
OMP Deep Dished steering wheel (blue)
OMP FIA Spec Wrap around seats, with one-off seat mounts nav's far back and low down.
TRS 6-point harnesses
Peltor intercom
Brantz Int. 2S Pro Trip Meter
Large 'rally' clock
Sony CD/Tuner - For long road sections :)
Pedal extensions
FIA Spec 2.25Ltr Lifeline Zero 2000 Electrical Plumbed in fire extinguisher & hand held unit
ARMTEC Electronic electrical cut-off switch.
Three different navigator lights
Nav's footrest
One push electric windows on both sides (nav's to be fitted)
Electically adjusted headlights to be replaced with manual ones to reduce weight.
Uprated washer wipe system
Fitted with Rover Centre Evo 2 (soon to be 3) sump guard
Tank guard soon to be replaced witha Rover Centre one

Suspension : Gaz shocks coilovers

Brakes : Standard rover parts with heat shields removed, and running EBC 'Yellow' pads (Semi race pads).

2 Cibie Super Bi-Oscar Spotlights running 130/90w bulbs

OMP Towing eye (front)

K&N 57i filter with cold air feed directly fitted to TB

OMP Front strut brace

Brake lines protected

Wheels : Compomotive MO's running Colways Road + tyres, National championship control tyre

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
God you reply quickly all those replies in the time it took me to type out the spec !!!

Only done one champship round were we were 5th overal and 3rd in class, we set plenty of top 5 stage times and a best of 3rd fastest.

Did a stage rally last month where when running on rally slicks we were leading the class (up to 1.4) when the clutch deid, hence why i'm changing it.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Blimey!:yikes: That's a long list. Interesting to see you have the K&N fitted directly to the throttle body. Any reason for this, as I've read a few times that power is lost by doing that?

Rich.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Two reasons 1) Main reason is that the elbow piping adds extra weight and stress to the plastic inlet manifold which can crack it (not ideal in the middle of an event). Also it gives you more room in the engine bay ie easier to work on the car if needed.

That spec isn't the final one, got poly bushes for the TCA's, and front trailing arms to fit, also got to poly bush the bottom g/box mount and add another gearbox mount as these can be quite weak, and the clutch !

Then removing a lot of weight from the car, and all of this ideally by Thursday when i have a small club event to do !!!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Two reasons 1) Main reason is that the elbow piping adds extra weight and stress to the plastic inlet manifold which can crack it (not ideal in the middle of an event). Also it gives you more room in the engine bay ie easier to work on the car if needed.
That's fair enough. I guess there's a few more things to consider when rallying:lol:.

Thats some good going there too with those results!:)

Rich.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts