MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

New here, thought i would post here about my rally car and also to find out if anyone has any tips for changing the clutch on the 200, which i'm just about to start !

Click here for pics of the car : http://chelmsfordmc.co.uk/index.php?q=gallery&g2_itemId=4482

Car Spec :-

Engine / Gearbox : OEM Standard with new clutch (about to be fitted), 52mm TB and ICON RACE Unit (To be fitted), new headgasket and head skimmed by 12 thou'.

Car : Standard Rover 200 214 SE 1998 with Air-con, ideal for long hot stages !!

Shell : Lightened and fitted with a Fabricage 6-point FIA spec cage, with built in harness bars.
OMP Deep Dished steering wheel (blue)
OMP FIA Spec Wrap around seats, with one-off seat mounts nav's far back and low down.
TRS 6-point harnesses
Peltor intercom
Brantz Int. 2S Pro Trip Meter
Large 'rally' clock
Sony CD/Tuner - For long road sections :)
Pedal extensions
FIA Spec 2.25Ltr Lifeline Zero 2000 Electrical Plumbed in fire extinguisher & hand held unit
ARMTEC Electronic electrical cut-off switch.
Three different navigator lights
Nav's footrest
One push electric windows on both sides (nav's to be fitted)
Electically adjusted headlights to be replaced with manual ones to reduce weight.
Uprated washer wipe system
Fitted with Rover Centre Evo 2 (soon to be 3) sump guard
Tank guard soon to be replaced witha Rover Centre one

Suspension : Gaz shocks coilovers

Brakes : Standard rover parts with heat shields removed, and running EBC 'Yellow' pads (Semi race pads).

2 Cibie Super Bi-Oscar Spotlights running 130/90w bulbs

OMP Towing eye (front)

K&N 57i filter with cold air feed directly fitted to TB

OMP Front strut brace

Brake lines protected

Wheels : Compomotive MO's running Colways Road + tyres, National championship control tyre

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
not sure about the clutch.....not sure about a 200 being driven like that :scary:
also..why did you chose a 1.4 i though rally was a little bit faster than that..do you get alot of understeer

now all you need to do is lower it and stick a huge badboy exhaust on :lol: i kid

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Endurance rallying is only up to 1400cc so the 214 is ideal.

Understeer is no problem, as for lowering i need to make it higher ! Already got a twin tail pipe :)

As for speeds, up to 80mph+ in the woods when your sliding towards the trees/piles of logs just inches away its fast enough !!!!

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
ill bet you have alot of fun doing that....higher you say, would that not affect stability...but more ground clearence, i see rally driving is a complicated sport? if you can call it a sport..maybe a hobby, well even though im talking crud it still bumps your post to the top :lol:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Driving flat out on 20+ mile stages is hard work, so it can be called a sport, plus the competition side of things.

Yes higher the car is the less stability, but more ground clearance ie not hitting the ground so much.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Must stop playing on t'internet, and head to the garage !!!

Will be doing the Yorkshire Enduro in September, which this year is based near Harrogate.

There will be loads of 200's entered, so plenty to watch.

Next championship event is in a month's time based in Kings Lynn, but i will hopefully be doing a small clubmans event on Thursday evening if i can get the car running.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts