MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
noticed a cpl of days my radiator fan wasnt working so after searching on here and asking ppl i was told to check the fan temp switch and fuses. checked all fuse in car and under bonnet, and i left car running whilst unclipping the fan temp switch. this came on straight away and stayed on untill i replaced the connector. so i went out and brought a new switch, fitted it today and went out and thrashed the car to warm it up let it idle for a good 15 mins after yet still no fan kicks in.the fan spins manually and obviously works when temp switch was removed i dont know where else to check next.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f333/xr2iguy/000_0592.jpg
thats the brown switch i swapped. do different manufactures change the cut in temp from different brands also what is the black switch underneth the t pipe with a single bluey colour wire coming from it ??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had the same problems recently. My fan will not kick in until I remove the brown sensor, I have since replaced this and still no joy.... every time my car Idles it pops the lid off the coolant reservoir, does your do this?

(Sorry for HiJacking)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts