MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all thought id share how I'm spending my winter months.
A few years ago I bought 3dr r8 that someone had modified, less than 2 weeks later a transit connect decided to use it as his brakes and wrote it off.
Whilst looking for something to spend the insurance money on, I found a 216GTi 3dr on ebay, and after a brief chat with the seller I was off to Gatwick to collect it.

The first pre crash (and my montego turbo hiding at the side of the picture)

and the GTi when I first bought it

The green one was stripped of its complete interior, some of the glass, turbo bonnet, spoiler, and suspension, and it all went onto the GTi along with a turbo front bumper.

And that's how it stayed until January 2016 when I sold it.
So when I saw it sitting in a mates yard a couple of months ago, there was only going to be 1 outcome.
And home she came...

After a wash I decided id respray her and freshen her up a little.
So ive stripped most of the exterior, and undersealed the front end.

Got a few small areas of rust to deal with, but nothing to bad
N/S window

And 2 plates needed on the N/S sill
Front

Rear

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Forum. Hats off to you for salvaging what will be a very nice motor Good luck with your efforts, lots of good help and advice here so enjoy your membership

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Nice one just got a R8 to replace my ZR with to go racing with. You don't have a spare GTI high level spoiler do you?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately not I'm afraid. I did have at one point but I have no idea what I done with it. sorry.
I had to rescue it. my 6 year old daughter loves the car and hasn't forgiven me for selling it the first time. I promised her I'd get it back one day so I left myself little choice ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts