MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone advise on what type of towbar to get fitted on my R75 saloon. What are the Witter detachable ones like? If anyone has any experience with towbars on a R75, especially fitted around the B'ham area, then I'd be glad of your help.

Many thanks

Nick

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MikeM said:
How about the Rover one designed for the car?

Thanks for that Mike. I was just quoted £244 +vat supplied and fitted from Phoenix Bromsgrove, not sure if it's the same towbar though, they said they sub-contract towbars out. Other places quoted about the same. I think a bit more investigation on my part is needed.

BTW, have you got the proper Rover mats for your 75 and are they worth the extra wonga?

Cheers

Nick

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
nibbo said:
MikeM said:
How about the Rover one designed for the car?

Thanks for that Mike. I was just quoted £244 +vat supplied and fitted from Phoenix Bromsgrove, not sure if it's the same towbar though, they said they sub-contract towbars out. Other places quoted about the same. I think a bit more investigation on my part is needed.

BTW, have you got the proper Rover mats for your 75 and are they worth the extra wonga?

Cheers

Nick
Hi Nick

Phoenix Bromsgrove fitted my wooden steering wheel for me recently. I was very impressed with them and their customer service. Check with them if it is the Rover towbar (like the one on ebay). If it is then that seems a good deal.

I have got the proper mats in my 75, though they are the ones with the 'proper' Rover logo (not that new one :) ) They are very good and are wearing well.

hth

Mike

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Well funny you should mention R75 towbars....

I've got a witter one I acquired as part of a deal, off a '51' plate I believe, never fitted it myself, but if you want gimme your e-mail on a PM, I'll show you some photos and you can have it for a song!!

CAM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts