MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 R75 rear sunblind has stopped working.
I bought the Haynes manual at the weekend hoping for some help - nothing!

Anyway, the fuse is ok and there is a quiet click from the rear when the button is pressed but no movement.
I've climbed into the boot to try to see how to get at the works but see nothing obvious.
Anyone know how to access the motor, which I presume is where the fault lies?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
IIRC someone has said tap it as close to the motor as you can.

Have you done a search on here, as I think it's been addressed, unless it was on the "other" forum.

·
Registered
rover_75
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, Baxlin, what do I need to tap? And where is the motor (eg left or right side)

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
The thing is a pig to get at, I often wondered if they fitted the blind and shelf before putting the rear screen in!

If you do take it out be careful refitting it would be very easy to damage the wires going to the HRW

Have you tried pushing the button whilst pulling the blind out manually?

I added the blind to my ZT and found if the headrest are to far back that causes it to stall as it hits them!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Look for either a black plastic fitting across almost all the width of the rear parcel shelf, or a switch on the panel above the cupholder.

Mine has one, but as it also has the autodimming mirror, the only use I have for the blind is to show off to the the car behind when stuck in traffic. It's therefore a real "must-have" accessory!!:D

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
The rear sunblind is definitely a real show-off item for your passengers and following cars. Its an impressive feature, unavailable on 'normal' cars.

·
Registered
320 Posts
my sons teenage friends when given a lift by him in my R75 conn se, thought the blind was really coooool and said I should paint a large finger on it and if any boy racers try to cut me up I could over take then raise the blind.

Good idea but I dont think I will be taking this one up

·
Registered
320 Posts
when I was going to buy it I got the grandad car bit, once he drove it he quickly saw the error of his ways!!!

I have to arm wrestle it off him now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts