MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question, am I right in thinking that the roof bars for a saloon 75 run the length of the car, rather than the width ?

ie. front to back, rather than side to side ?

Reason I ask, I want to buy some doors (interior type for my house). If the roof bars run the length of the car, I then need to bolt/attach some other bars to go across the width, to sit the doors on.

Don't fancy having two sets of bars, one length ways then one on top going width ways, seems like bit of a waste of metal and a few bars too many !

Erm, hope this makes sense :)

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent !

Cheers for the pic Mike.

I've only ever seen bars on a tourer that run front to back, was hoping the saloon wouldn't be the same :)

Right, off to ebay !

Thanks again gents.

·
Banned
9,958 Posts
RichK said:
Excellent !

Cheers for the pic Mike.

I've only ever seen bars on a tourer that run front to back, was hoping the saloon wouldn't be the same :)

Right, off to ebay !

Thanks again gents.

Rich

Here's a pic of the bars with the lashing points that come with them (though you may already have seen this ;) )

bars

Regards

Mike

·
Banned
9,958 Posts
a little story

Rich

It must be the sun that brings all this transporting of things on.............

Yesterday I had to transport two wardrobes on my car. Trouble was my roof bars were attached to the roofbox. Soooooooooo spent 30 minutes getting them off the roof box (pig of a job) and then an hour putting a Thule roof rack onto them and then getting them onto the roof of the car:( I was knackered before I even got to the wardrobes :lol: )

But job is done now and all went smoothly (phew!)

Regards

Mike

·
Banned
9,958 Posts
Sejin26 said:
If you have the big storage box they run from front to back. But how can you put a roof rack/storage box on a 75 it's criminal.

Missed this one Sejin :). Afaik there have never been any OEM bars for the 75 Saloon that run from front to back. The front to back ones are only for the tourer.

Regards

mike

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And how else would I get my new interior doors back from B&Q Sejin ?

And the 4"x4" 8ft long fence posts for the garden.

And the 8'x4' sheets of plasterboard for the spare room.

And... :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.