MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm going to sound really thick asking this, but how on earth do you change the headlight bulbs.

I just can't seem to get my hands in the gap to reach them.

The o/s is obstructed by the fuse box and the n/s side is obstructed by the washer reservoir amongst other things.

There has to be a simpler way than leaving my hands in a bucket of cold water overnight hoping they'll shrink.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Should have searched the forum first. What a numpty.

Seems I have to remove an access panel, push a black pipe out of the way, try not to drop the old buld inside the headlamp, remember not to touch the glass on the new bulb, wear rubber gloves, leave the bonnet open for extra light, twist the washer will neck off and not ask my locla dealer to do it for £35.00.

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
:lol: Yep that's the one!

Apparently it's better than some of the new Renaults/Pugs etc. where you virtually have to take the bumper off to fit a new bulb.

Stupid isn't it!

Regards

Mike

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
I'd liked to add the PT Cruiser to that - done by taking off the inner lining and reaching through the wheelarch - the whole process being done blind of course.

Makes it almost worth the £30 or so Halfrauds charge just to have a laugh.....

·
Registered
488 Posts
Vincero said:
I'd liked to add the PT Cruiser to that - done by taking off the inner lining and reaching through the wheelarch - the whole process being done blind of course.

Makes it almost worth the £30 or so Halfrauds charge just to have a laugh.....
2nd that :)

·
Registered
cityrover
13,055 Posts
what about that fiat jobbie, the one that looks like some ones been giving it a severe beating with the ugly stick? multipla i think they call it. Full beam lights look like a pain to get to.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
And make sure when you do fit them there not the wrong way up.. They do seem to go in any way even with the little metal tab to ensure correct fitting.. You will know if there upside down or incorrectly fitted because all other road users will flash you at night (with their lights not their raincoats!) thinking you have your main beam on when you don't

Y :D

·
Registered
mg_zr
8,240 Posts
Hatches in the Wheel Arch let you get to the bulbs I believe...

The Missus car you do have to take the bumper off to replace bulbs... I haven't had to do one (yet)...

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
cosb6 said:
Hatches in the Wheel Arch let you get to the bulbs I believe...

Well they would.....................if it wasn't for the carefully placed air intake hose/washer fluid reservoir/power steering pump.................you get the picture ;)

Regards

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts