MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me exectly what changes in specification were made when MGR moved production of the 75 from Cowley to Longbridge?

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
afaik The short answer is only two immediately. The paint finish was extended so that the body colour covered all the car so the black lower sides were deleted and the different options for the real wood finish were reduced to the one real wood finish.

All the other changes happened later in 2001 (around July/August) when Project Drive led to a host of changes/reductions. If you do a search for 'Project Drive' on here you will find a full list.

hth

Mike

·
Registered
rover_75
203 Posts
MikeM said:
afaik The short answer is only two immediately. The paint finish was extended so that the body colour covered all the car so the black lower sides were deleted and the different options for the real wood finish were reduced to the one real wood finish.

All the other changes happened later in 2001 (around July/August) when Project Drive led to a host of changes/reductions. If you do a search for 'Project Drive' on here you will find a full list.

hth

Mike
How many options were there for the real wood finish and what type were there on the B*W version?

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Rufras said:
How many options were there for the real wood finish and what type were there on the B*W version?
I was under the impression that the real wood finish just came as standard, there weren't any options associated with it.

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
I was also under the impression that all Cowley built models featured real walnut wood in just one standard colour.

That is what the UK brochure states anyway.......perhaps there were other types of wood used for foreign markets ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts