MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys

Following my thread regarding my R75 going in for a diagnostic test they returned saying that they 'think' its a HGF. However there is none of the common signs e.g. coolant in the oil or oil in the coolant. Are there any other signs of a HGF?
The original reason I booked the car in for a diagnostic test is because of a misfire but would a Head Gasket Failure cause this?

The misfire originally started last year, have had: Spark Plugs, HT Leads, Coils changed, still no luck. Hope you can help me.

Regards

Tom

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,496 Posts
lildevil said:
Hello Guys

Following my thread regarding my R75 going in for a diagnostic test they returned saying that they 'think' its a HGF. However there is none of the common signs e.g. coolant in the oil or oil in the coolant. Are there any other signs of a HGF?
The original reason I booked the car in for a diagnostic test is because of a misfire but would a Head Gasket Failure cause this?

The misfire originally started last year, have had: Spark Plugs, HT Leads, Coils changed, still no luck. Hope you can help me.

Regards

Tom
Is the spark plug fouling up with oil and have you had a compression test done ?

The oil in coolant / coolant in oil just shows signs of the coolant and oil mixing, not if you've got oil entering the cylinders.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
well not read your thread ..your not going to like this if its a v6

in the morning take out all the sparkplugs

if any of them are

rusty

or cleaner than the others ...this will tell what cylinder its gone on.

HGF will clean the spark plug on the effected cylinder.....but the plug will then rust overnight.

Also at this time ...........feel the hoses ..
if they are hard..........

take off the pressure cap when cold in the morning does it gurgle or sound like opening a lemonade bottle...

now the caps off compare the feel of them to-wards what it was cold with the cap on

1 - 3 of 3 Posts