MG-Rover.org Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
35,698 Posts
brioss said:
I called Rover on Monday for a 2005 brochure, I arrived a few days ago (it has 6303 on the back)

According to this the brochure it is standard, it maybe the case that there not fitting it now but there certainly not telling there customer this is an option.

There still mailing out old info this week from Longbridge, why should I suffer for there piss poor communication.

As far as I can tell from the current (reveived Tue ) brochure HK is fitted as standard.
I'm afraid you've got a 2004 brochure there. The 2005 brochure is publication number 6339 on the back.

If MG Rover have sent the wrong brochure out, you would have grounds for complaint. I would suggest that you keep the envelope that the brochure was sent out in, so that you have the date stamp on it for when you received it.

I think you'll find that MG Rover will rely on the the following statement on the back of the brochure "MG Rover group is constantly seeking ways to improve the specification, design and production of its vehicles and alterations take place continually. Whilst every effort is made to produce up-to-date literature, this UK market brochure should not be regarded as an infallible guide to current specifications, nor does it constitute an offer for the sale of any particular vehicle."

I think they will use that get out clause. Unless when you placed the order, you specifically said that you wanted a '2004' model with the Harmon Kardon stereo clearly written on the order form, I think you'll find that you will have difficulties, especially as it is the leasing company's fault that have delayed taking delivery of the car, not as a a result of a delay by MG Rover.

· Registered
5,334 Posts
Very true Essex.

I know times are difficult for MGR dealers at the moment but some don't deserve any trade, nothing annoys me more than a dealer with outdated literature.

How do they expect to sell the cars if they can't even be bothered to provide potential customers with the correct infromation !

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.