MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
The Harmon Kardon kit is just the speakers, not the head unit. It's not usually retro fittable but it is physically possible, needs a new parcel shelf though for the sub port, unless it's a tourer in which case the sub goes on the side wall of the boot space behind a trimmed cover - the way you would tell if it's got the kit or not is on the front door tweaters - the HK ones say Harmon Kardon on them. The normal remedy for this kind of issue would be a reduction in purchase price (ie knock off the value of the HK sound system if bought as an option), but as it's a lease vehicle it's up to the lease company to decide what they do as the owners of the car.

· Registered
56 Posts
brioss said:
according to the 2004 and the 2005 brochure its standard, but not really any referance on there website. I ordered the car from the lease company in Sept 04 , so I was ordering a 2004 model, some reason they delayed the order, I checked that the spec would be the same , as the car was being be delayed and was told that it was unchanged.

I thought they may have a 2004 model but holding it back until the new reg this month. Not the case I received a 2005 model, if I knew the spec would have been different I would have gone for a MG ZT T

Bummer!

Thanks for your feedback
The HK kit is a £495 option on all 75s including (now) the Contemporary SE. It is compatible with the MP3 SVDO head unit - because it's just an uprated speaker set up - HK speakers and an amplified sub woofer - it can operate with the Alpine, IOVOX and SVDO units etc. Whilst the current brochure may not be up to date, the dealerships do know the current spec, but it's unlikely a lease company would.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.