MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
35,698 Posts
*DLN* said:
The HK system was dropped from the Contemporary SE for the 2005 MY range when installation of the VDO systems commenced.

Basically if your car was made from 17 January onwards you won't get the HK kit !
Yep exactly what I was going to say - beat me to it David.

The Harmon Kardon system was standard on Contemporary SE for 2004 Model 75's, but removed for 2005.

· Registered
35,698 Posts
Lord Minty said:
So when did they come out? I got a brochure just before Christmas and its obviously an old one as it mentions the HKs being fitted to the Contempory SE...
The 2005 brochures show the Harmon Kardon system as being optional, not standard. The brochure that you would have would be dated 2004, hence the 2004 specs.

· Registered
35,698 Posts
The 2005 Model Year 75's were announced in December and went into production mid January 2005. Similarly, the 2005 Model Year 25's, 45's and Streetwise were announced in December, but launched in February 2005.

· Registered
35,698 Posts
brioss said:
I called Rover on Monday for a 2005 brochure, I arrived a few days ago (it has 6303 on the back)

According to this the brochure it is standard, it maybe the case that there not fitting it now but there certainly not telling there customer this is an option.

There still mailing out old info this week from Longbridge, why should I suffer for there piss poor communication.

As far as I can tell from the current (reveived Tue ) brochure HK is fitted as standard.
I'm afraid you've got a 2004 brochure there. The 2005 brochure is publication number 6339 on the back.

If MG Rover have sent the wrong brochure out, you would have grounds for complaint. I would suggest that you keep the envelope that the brochure was sent out in, so that you have the date stamp on it for when you received it.

I think you'll find that MG Rover will rely on the the following statement on the back of the brochure "MG Rover group is constantly seeking ways to improve the specification, design and production of its vehicles and alterations take place continually. Whilst every effort is made to produce up-to-date literature, this UK market brochure should not be regarded as an infallible guide to current specifications, nor does it constitute an offer for the sale of any particular vehicle."

I think they will use that get out clause. Unless when you placed the order, you specifically said that you wanted a '2004' model with the Harmon Kardon stereo clearly written on the order form, I think you'll find that you will have difficulties, especially as it is the leasing company's fault that have delayed taking delivery of the car, not as a a result of a delay by MG Rover.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.