MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My 75 is with the service dept of my ex Main Dealers (EMG Epsom) because, amongst other warrenty things, the cruise control is not functioning correctly.

On a level run, the set speed is maintained. On an incline, the speed is still maintained. But, downhill the speed increases.

My problem is, that I'm told by the sevice dept that they don't know if 'engine braking' (I think that's what they said) is available on this model. As all the cars I've driven, in cruise control, maintain the car's speed up hill and down dale, I thoght this comment strange.

However, I thought it best to check with you guys before I get back to them.

Thanks in advance

John

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
My 2.5 manual maintains speed up and down. I can feel the car gently 'brake' on a decline when using cruise and it is very effective at maintaining the set speed.

hth

Mike :)

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply, it's reasuring to know that others get, with cruise control, what I expected.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

John

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
549 Posts
Engine braking is far less pronounced on most automatics compared to a manual, irrespective of manufacturer, which is what I think the garage is getting at. However, I find it hard to believe that even on an auto the cruise control can't hold the speed down hill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts