MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1.4 ZR has decided it no longer likes my 2nd gear and wont stay in it. I need a new gearbox and can get one from a 1.4 25 easily. Will the ratios be the same? If anyone can actually find out the ratios for the r65 for the 25 and the zr it would be greatly appreciated. I don't think it will make that much difference but want to make sure....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah mines the 02 version with the r65 not the ford gearbox. So shouldnt notice the difference? Good good. Though i heard the final drive ratio on the 25 1.4 is 3.7 whereas the zr is 3.9. So will i not feel the extra revs i need in acceleration? As im sure ill get ~500-800rpm back at top end on the motorway.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I can do one for the same money if you were interested. I'll see what i can dig up. I think the only difference between the 2 was the final drive and 5th gear. I think one does about 124mph and the other 140mph. I could be wrong. Drew at Roverdose will able to help. I'll PM him if he doesn't reply here.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Plenty. I wouldn't worry about us running out. I have had 30 or so in about 3 years back. We still ain't sold out yet. The thing is they are bullet proof! lol

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Was the PG1 built for the vvc engine?
No, it was used on the T series engines well before the VVC came along. It was used on any of the over 1.4 capacity engines.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Plenty. I wouldn't worry about us running out. I have had 30 or so in about 3 years back. We still ain't sold out yet. The thing is they are bullet proof! lol
Why didn't you come up with that little nugget of info a few months back before I put a second hand box in? I'd have bought one then for sure.:dunno: :lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts