MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the inside of the bootlid (the vertical bit i.e. the bit that goes between the tail-lights) of my ZS it looks a bit unfinished, you can see the metalwork etc.

Was there ever a platic blanking plate like the hatchback has?

Am just wondering if this is something that was removed over the years due to costcutting or whether the car has always been like that?

If it used to exist I might look into ordering one and fitting it...

Thanks.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yes i know what you mean, it looks like it could do with some plastic trim on the underside of the boot lid. So does anyone know if the MG ZS or 45 have this plastic trim. If they, do a picture would be good.

·
Registered
mg_zs
98 Posts
BigFella said:
Yes i know what you mean, it looks like it could do with some plastic trim on the underside of the boot lid. So does anyone know if the MG ZS or 45 have this plastic trim. If they, do a picture would be good.
My pre-facelift ZS is the same - no plastic trim.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like none of the variants have this then.

I was actually looking to see if there was a handle in there to help with closing, as hatchbacks have. Then I realised it would be useless, the only feasible way to shut a saloon boot is using the outside as there's no time to get your arm out!!

Lifting the boot carpet is an experience too, someone has gone mad with a mastick gun there's brown stuff everywhere, some kind of sealant I think

1 - 5 of 5 Posts