MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.. Had the car just under a year, (im 19) and im going to uni this september.. and tbh, i have alot of spare money layed around.. soo.. Turbo Conversion time.. :p well.. atleast look into it, Whats the best engine to put in a 25, and prices overall? Cheers. (Garage to do the work)

Thankyou :D

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
depends on your budget and the competance of the tuning company involved.

A T series swap won't get you any change from £3k plus the extra insurance + fuel etc.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats not too bad.. This will sound daft.. but if i had a engine fitted with low mileage.. can the clocks be set back to the mileage of the engine? Or are the clocks not allowed to be redone? (mileage)

Also.. If the engine itself is just bought, what other gear would be needed? As i do know some one who would fit it for £100 (yes i know its cheap, but he has fitted a engine before for me for £100 in a week) Really good guy :)

Garage i thought would be a better option because i dont know how complicated it would be?? i dont know..

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tyty, most of what i needed to know.. uhmm.. not to sound dumb.. but what you mean when u say "box", gear box i assume?

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Just a suggestion, if your going to uni, i would in hindsight wished that i had saved a grand first, i dont know what your plans are maybe you have already, and i know how you want to work on your car! Just my 2 :2c: .
i know i sound like a parent and smite me down just want to make sure you dont get :eek:verkill: at uni.

Once you have done your turbo tho i would like to see lots of pics!

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
Insurance will be as good as bum rape though.
Sell the 25 and buy a 220 Coupe. Be way cheaper, and you'll still have a grand or so to play with.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Eeee, thanks for the thoughts :D but, dont worry about money issue, and dont worry about insurance :) I hae done ALOT to this care, alot of custom work by myself.. pods, interior etc.. and alot more to come, at the moment im spraying it myself in a split colour, bototm blue, top gold, doesnt sound right.. but looks nice.. i will gets pics when done.. BUt yeah, alot work went into the car, so im not gonna give it up :p hehe thanks for the dieas tho! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts