MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a few questions you could may be help me with.

when cruising along at 70mph when steering slightly left or right i get a loud whistle what could this be? also i know this will sound strange but if iam on a completely straight road and hold the steering wheel straight when a accelerate i vear left and when i stop i go to the right, how weird is that.

just one more thing the air con doesn't seem to get that cold could this be a simple re gas needed?

any ideas?

cheers

·
Registered
cityrover
13,055 Posts
The air conditioning will be a simple re-gas most likely. Not sure about your tracking problem though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Phil_216sli_Mk3 said:
The air conditioning will be a simple re-gas most likely. Not sure about your tracking problem though.
strange isn't it, couldnt be a power steering problem could it?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Get you're tyres balanced mate, costs about £10, should sort out the veering for you, cant see if fixing the squeal, but worth a try for a tenner

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ry. said:
Get you're tyres balanced mate, costs about £10, should sort out the veering for you, cant see if fixing the squeal, but worth a try for a tenner
could the squeal be anything to do with the brakes, pads maybe?

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
The squeal is probably your PAS belt slipping. When was it last changed. Wandering when braking or accelerating could be tracking is out or wheels need balancing as said, but unbalanced wheels usually manifest as steering wheel vibration at high speeds.

Pulling to one side when braking could simply be worn pads and discs or sticking caliper.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I would say the veering left is a power steering fault perhaps (my 400 used to be harder to the right than the left, it would always veer left if given half a chance) and the braking to the right would be brake balance or something.
Certainly a pain in the arse!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Check out yor pads. It sounds like one side is sticking slightly and when you brake they are unbalanced. The one that will be sticking will be pulling the car to that side

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ashy said:
5k...from new? How old is this car...still under warranty or not?
sorry its took so long to get back
its a 2005 still under a 6 months warranty was just wondering what the problem could be. it seems to be getting worse, when i put power on it goes to the left and when i take the foot off the gas it goes right. its going back on the 16th so hopefully it will be sorted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts