MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know where i can get a free bubble with HGF and a batterd 620ti with 92k on it thats been attacked by some scum. I think ive got somewhere to store these cars but i will have to check. The idea is to drop the t16 into the bubble as a non road going fun car for the track that will be shared tween me and a friend. My friend has far better knowlage than me and has no problem making a transplant.

How simple is the drop? seeing as i have potentialy got the two cars for parts, what else will i need? Can i pinch the brakes off the 620? Any problems that will most likely occour?

Only testing the water until i can confirm time, money and a place to do this.

- Posted this in 25 forum to no avail. hopefully ill get a good response from the heads around here.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
you will need alsorts of wiring hacks as the 620 isnt the best donor for it.

brakes will also fit with some tweaking.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to say - I don't need any luxuries. Just lights, steering etc...

Cant you run these of very few wires? sorry, im completely dumbfound to electrics.

·
Registered
17,936 Posts
Just to say - I don't need any luxuries. Just lights, steering etc...

Cant you run these of very few wires? sorry, im completely dumbfound to electrics.
I think emps meant the 600s engine wiring loom. You may be able to use one from a old 200 turbo. Someone will correct me on that though.

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
Its been done quite a few times so the info is out there. If you can't find any on here then try rovertech.net as the conversion is not exactly a new one.

The only hard bits will be wiring (requires thinking about), the engine mount and the exhaust. Most other things are relatively straightforward.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
matey in the topic says something about getting a r8 one?? why is that, whats wrong with the 620 as a donor?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts