MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st post so please be gentle on me,want to install fogs on my 1997 P reg 216sli did a lot of research on this forum on the subject,seems cheaper to buy the gear seperately can get new fogs for £20 + vat +postage the relay i'm not sure about looking at the haynes manual the relay looks identical to the cooling fan relay not being an expert can someone put me right on this.also where does the relay go does it plug in somewhere like the other relays or is it totally seperate.think i pretty much understand the haynes manual wiring diagram.is the plug which connects to the rear fog switch the same as the plug needed to connect to a front foglight switch.also the plugs which are present on a 25 that plug into the lights could these be used on my 200 if so i could get some bits of wiring from a scrappy.think that its for now anyone who can point me in the right direction please do so .thanks in advance

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forums.

Rover sell the kit, its about 130, you get the full wiring harness, fogs, surrounds, switch, relay and instructions.
In my opinion, its worth it, far simpler:)

But just as easy to do it yourself.
You need:
Pair of fog lights (200,25,zr,400,45,zs, they all fit)
Fog light surround
Front fog switich -6quid from Rover
Relay - Goes behind centre console somewhere i think - its about 6 quid from Rover ish.
And make up a some wires.

Here is a wiring diagram someone posted up a while aog, not sure if its all correct!
Gets you started anyhow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts