MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 98 R plate 218is which i will sell but am unsure what to value it at.

Its Amaranth (purple) 3dr all the normal spec fogs, abs, pas, alloys

109k with Rover history 1 Previous owner

Recent headgasket, cambelt ,water pump etc

At the same time the head was off it was ported & flowed & re faced and a 52mm throttle body fitted (made a vast improvment
)

12 Months mot

6 Months tax

Its all up together and really clean and tidy.

Make me an offer..

Cheers

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm afraid you're probably looking at less than you hoped; book price for your car with that milage is only around £1200 for a private sale. Rovers deprieciate heavily, especially since people are particularly wary of them these days. If your car has been serviced by Rover as regularly as Rover recommend then you might be lucky enough to see close to two grand for it. If it was mine with FRSH I'd put it in Autotrader for £1900 and accept the first offer I got over £1600. Where in the country are you? People on this forum might be interested, the 218iS isn't as sought after as the 200vi or BRM versions but is still a keen driver's motor!

·
Registered
mg_tf
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its got full rover history (bar last done by a rover tech which at the same time as the head was off belt changed etc etc)

To be honest i just want sell it asap as i am not the most patient person in the world and i want something different now. ie 220 Coupe Turbo or the like

So if £1600 or as near as came about i would probably accept

Richard

1 - 8 of 8 Posts