MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to carry out a 4 year service on my 1.4 r25. As the manufacturer states the brake fluid should be changed every two years I will obviously change that too. Does anyone know how much fluid I will need to get to replace all the fluid in the system. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
get a litre that should allow you enough to give a good flush out.
castrol response is good but expensive compared to the standard own brand ranges

also an EZ bleed kit helps no end

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah ive used castrol response and found it to be very good so i stick to it. Ive never had any brake fade or anything. It might just be me but i never trust brake fluid with unknown brand names. Dont bother with anything other than DOT4 either its not worth it!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Has anyone got a guide to changing your brake fluid?
I'm changing the discs and pads soon so might do it then if it's easy.

What is an EZ bleed kit and where do you get them?

--Alan

·
Registered
577 Posts
I've got an EZ bleed kit, but I've never actually tried it yet.

Problem is, you need to seal the cap from the EZbleed onto the reservoir. I tried it on my Lada, but the cap is a slightly different size, and I didn't fancy squirting pressurised DOT4 all over the show...

Then I thought about using it on the Rover, but that has a bayonet, rather than a screw fitting reservoir cap.

In the end, I usually just use the Mk. I 'Mum' to operate the brake pedal whilst I open and close the bleed nipples. Cheap, and automatically delivers cups of tea, too.

BrianR.

·
Registered
mg_zr
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
brake fkuid change

Brake fluid should be changed every 2 years as it deteriorates causing reduced braking efficiency. There is a correct sequence in which to bleed the brakes. Haynes manual covers this - they do one for the R25/ZR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.