MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
mg_zr
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to carry out a 4 year service on my 1.4 r25. As the manufacturer states the brake fluid should be changed every two years I will obviously change that too. Does anyone know how much fluid I will need to get to replace all the fluid in the system. Thanks!!!

· Registered
30 Posts
Yeah ive used castrol response and found it to be very good so i stick to it. Ive never had any brake fade or anything. It might just be me but i never trust brake fluid with unknown brand names. Dont bother with anything other than DOT4 either its not worth it!

· Registered
577 Posts
I've got an EZ bleed kit, but I've never actually tried it yet.

Problem is, you need to seal the cap from the EZbleed onto the reservoir. I tried it on my Lada, but the cap is a slightly different size, and I didn't fancy squirting pressurised DOT4 all over the show...

Then I thought about using it on the Rover, but that has a bayonet, rather than a screw fitting reservoir cap.

In the end, I usually just use the Mk. I 'Mum' to operate the brake pedal whilst I open and close the bleed nipples. Cheap, and automatically delivers cups of tea, too.

BrianR.

· Registered
mg_zr
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
brake fkuid change

Brake fluid should be changed every 2 years as it deteriorates causing reduced braking efficiency. There is a correct sequence in which to bleed the brakes. Haynes manual covers this - they do one for the R25/ZR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.