MG-Rover.org Forums banner
161 - 165 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Well guys, thought I’d update after sealing up the inlet manifold in the area pictured a few posts back....it’s been about 10 days now, I did a TPS reset after sealing the manifold, ran it up to temp first just to be sure I’d be getting the correct idle at cold.

She’s been rock solid since. No sign of any wild revs at cold start idle, she’s been running beautifully bar perhaps a tiny bit of ECU learning.

Categorically I think we can say that the culprit has been identified, and whilst it’s kind of a temporary measure, at least I now know what needs replacing when the better weather comes.

I’ve since put the hard top on, can honestly say that I’m quite happy not to fiddle with the engine now for the next few months and can somewhat relax and enjoy the car again......thank god, as this has been doing my noodle in for months now.....

Thanks for ALL the replies and thanks for bearing with me whilst I faffed about trying different stuff, I’d never have thought the manifold would have gone in that kind of place, but there you go, live and learn.

Thanks again and a belated merry Xmas to all and happy new year in advance

Steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well guys, thought I’d update after sealing up the inlet manifold in the area pictured a few posts back....it’s been about 10 days now, I did a TPS reset after sealing the manifold, ran it up to temp first just to be sure I’d be getting the correct idle at cold.

She’s been rock solid since. No sign of any wild revs at cold start idle, she’s been running beautifully bar perhaps a tiny bit of ECU learning.

Categorically I think we can say that the culprit has been identified, and whilst it’s kind of a temporary measure, at least I now know what needs replacing when the better weather comes.

I’ve since put the hard top on, can honestly say that I’m quite happy not to fiddle with the engine now for the next few months and can somewhat relax and enjoy the car again......thank god, as this has been doing my noodle in for months now.....

Thanks for ALL the replies and thanks for bearing with me whilst I faffed about trying different stuff, I’d never have thought the manifold would have gone in that kind of place, but there you go, live and learn.

Thanks again and a belated merry Xmas to all and happy new year in advance

Steve
Hello, I know that I'm very late to the party but i was wondering if in the end that was 100% the issue and what you did to fix it?

Cheers.

·
Registered
mgf
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
Hello, I know that I'm very late to the party but i was wondering if in the end that was 100% the issue and what you did to fix it?

Cheers.
From recollection, sealing up my plastic manifold did resolve the issue. I’ve since upgraded to an alloy one and it’s been fine ever since……

161 - 165 of 165 Posts