MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Theyr Pretty pricey. Just get a second hand one off ebay... does the same job! I just bought one for £20.
I doubt it was a 52mm, would have been a 48mm.
You are looking at £80 used. If you have a 1.4/1.6 then don't bother stick with a 48mm.

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
You are looking at £80 used. If you have a 1.4/1.6 then don't bother stick with a 48mm.
If your patient you can find the 52mm on ebay cheap when people cant be bothered to write up reviews properly, i get things off ebay like that all the time and then re-write them and sell them for more:shh: , seen some go for about £45 but i must admit £20 is well cheap...

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

my plastic 48 is starting to stick and the 52 mm alloy one would go with my alloy inlet manifold

i just thought i may as well get the 52 mm since mine is sticking

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
The later 48mm ones are also alloy.

These will be far cheaper and you will gain nothing from the extra you will pay on the 52mm one.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not even with a decent induction kit? plus the throttle body? or will the 48 and the kit produce the same as the 52 and kit

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
I may hold off woth buying mine now then.

I always thought that you would get a little bit more out of the 52mm one as well as a smoother throttle response?

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
On the 1.4 you really can't notice the difference. The 1.6 you can notice some throttle responce, but thats about it.

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
Mine's the 1.6 so I think I'll still go for one if I can find it for under £100. Got plan for getting a BMC CDA induction kit as well so hopefully it'll be quite a bit smoother and sound decent :)

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
For the price of the TB there are better things to be had.
It won't make much if any difference on anything other than a 1.8.
Didn't do diddly on my 1.4 and didn't make a right lot of difference on my VVC either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts