MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question about the black "bumper" things on the side of rover 200 series doors

I know now they can be easily removed with a little heat, But is underneath painted the same colour as the car? or will painting be required?

·
Registered
952 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOO! Dont use a hairdryer on them they are held in with bolts/clips IIRC.
If you remove them you will be left with a recess behind - that is a very good mod but also a very expensive one and one which should be carried out along with a respray IMHO.
I did this mod and its not a diy in your front garden job - it should be left to a good bodyshop.

·
Registered
14,699 Posts
I think that confusion came from my reply in another thread.

The door pillar part....that black plastic can be removed via heat.

The side rubbing strips, are fixed in via clips.

They can come off...but you would be left with about 7 holes in your doors each side.

Most people remove them to spray them body colour.

If you wanted the clean look like Steve B has, you would need to get them filed and sprayed over..

·
Registered
17,399 Posts
When I took mine off the clips actually came out of the rubbing strips themselves rather than the door.
If you do this carefully you can do it without damaging the strips then to remove the clips all you need to do it turn them 90 degrees and they will pull out.
They will just pop right back in when you replace the strips.

Don't forget about the nuts on the ends.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.