MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im after a bit more info to help me decide on going for quad rear lights or not.
Ive had lots of piccies to help (thanks everyone!),tons of advice,and several death threats....yes Andie Im looking at you Sis!
Now what I need to know is...how good are they.As Im concerned that becouse they are smaller,idiots behind wont notice the brake lights on.
So for all you with quads already...have you ever had any problems with said idiots not seeing your brake lights come on?

A

·
0 Posts
Spikee, pleeeease....don't do it!

Just stick the OEM ones back on...NOW!

·
Registered
31,181 Posts
Spike-UK said:
Im after a bit more info to help me decide on going for quad rear lights or not.
Ive had lots of piccies to help (thanks everyone!),tons of advice,and several death threats....yes Andie Im looking at you Sis!
Now what I need to know is...how good are they.As Im concerned that becouse they are smaller,idiots behind wont notice the brake lights on.
So for all you with quads already...have you ever had any problems with said idiots not seeing your brake lights come on?

THe quad lights are very bright when the brake lights are on. Remeber these lights are lifted straight from the Fiat Coupe, so if they were a problem I am sure they would have stopped using them by now.

I have had no probs mate

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all advise so far.I can only really think of fully blended in ones. (when Ive the money ofcourse!) for me,personally they would be the ones Id go for if any.
Thanks Broon,it is a concern I had over them thats all.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Andie B said:
Spikee, pleeeease....don't do it!

Just stick the OEM ones back on...NOW!
The OE are on at the moment!
The others dont go back on till she gets her next good scrub,as like I said...its like having two cars!
Well,from the back anyway.
I have way too much time on my hands.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Broon,yep those are the suckers.Right all I need to do,is find one and follow it!
Cunning plan me thinks....!

A

·
0 Posts
Spike-UK said:
Thanks Broon,yep those are the suckers.Right all I need to do,is find one and follow it!
Cunning plan me thinks....!
Sigh....thats it, Spikeesausagechops.......I give up.....

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Andie B said:
Sigh....thats it, Spikeesausagechops.......I give up.....
Hey......not decided yet,still getting info,and have tons of piccies to check out first....then and only then will I decide.
So dont worry its not over till the fat lady sings.

why is that fat lady here anyway..whats she want?!

·
Registered
31,181 Posts
cjmillsnun said:
I'm with andie.

Leave it OEM, Just as Gerry McGovern (and Peter Stevens for the TF) designed it.

aww, but if everyone left their cars OEm it would be a boring forum would it not. :dddc:

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Chris T said:
What about using the rear lights off an Elise S2 as something slightly different?
They dont fit, I've had that idea before :lol:
I measured the lights on an S2 Elise at a trackday last year and they are quite a bit larger than the Coupe lights so would not fit the holders.

A

·
0 Posts
James C said:
Surely if they come from a Fiat that's reason enough to stay AS FAR AWAY AS POSIBLE?!
Looking at the problems we've had with Ben's Seicento, I can only say EXACTAMUNDO!!!!!

I really wouldn't want to drive my baby sporting Fiat lights at the rear.

A

·
0 Posts
petevick said:
Nice reply Sir Pete! Very concise!

Seriously though, I really don't get why people want their MG to look Lexus-like or Fiat-like at the back. But thats just me thinking 'I bought an MG TF and thats what it should look like - an MG TF.'

1 - 20 of 105 Posts