MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Missed the first bit but points so far:

- Talks with number of investment companies interested in turning business round but none so far was prepared to put up enough money to keep company running in short term

- New deal to be presented to SAIC to "acquire the assets of MG Rover." Much involved in preparing presentation, will probably take place next week.

- "Lots of third parties involved in any transfer of assets to China"

- DTI will review funding week-by-week

Irritating, they cut back to the studio to talk to Digby Jones instead of listening to the questions put to PwC by the people present. Dammit I want to hear about Nexus (assuming someone would ask about it!)

- Workers have been told in Union meeting not to talk to the press, to prevent any unnecessarily negative stories. "I don't want to talk to you people" reported quote.

- Workers sent home on full pay

- "More than 100 MG Rover enthusiasts will drive along M42 from Hopwood to Longbridge to show support"!! good

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There was no mention of models under development.

If they want to interest investors they have to publicise that there are models in advanced stages of development.

I very much get the impression that the Gov are happy to sell the whole lot to the Chinese. I really think they should be trying to sell a portion of the company (MG) to British investors. The Indians can have a portion of the engine business and engineering consultancy. The Chinese can have the leftovers.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hmm, some good things, some bad.

I think I'd regard SAIC 'acquiring the assets of MG Rover' as nothing short of an unmitigated disaster. They'd simply move everything to China, emply no-one here, and make Rover badged cars which, quite simply, are nothing to do with Rovers. I'd rather see the badge disappear forever than that sort of indignity.

BrianR.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
"Lots of third parties involved in any transfer of assets to China" sounds like the worst case - a sellout. In the same as this "deal to be presented to SAIC to acquire the assets of MG Rover." :mad:

BrianR said:
I think I'd regard SAIC 'acquiring the assets of MG Rover' as nothing short of an unmitigated disaster. They'd simply move everything to China, emply no-one here, and make Rover badged cars which, quite simply, are nothing to do with Rovers. I'd rather see the badge disappear forever than that sort of indignity.
So I fear that you are right in general, but I don´t think that those Chinese cars will carry Rover badges (as the name lies in the hands of BMW - the Chinese seem to be wrong to think they already own it).

·
Registered
124 Posts
Why have the workers been sent home on full pay? I thought we were told the 6 million included parts.

The workforce may as well continue building if it can - espcially if any last-second boom/increase at the dealers is to be taken advantage off...

Regards,
Moby.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts