MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am still looking for a second hand ZS 180, now with all the troubles going on shall I wait a bit for prices to catch up with the possible impending bad news, or shall I purchase now?

To sumerise, are second hand prices for a 2001/2002 ZS going to change much in either direction in the next few weeks?

Currently most of them on Autotrader's website are about £500 above Parkers suggested prices.

I am still going to get one, no matter what!

Any ideas?

Regards
Paul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35,551 Posts
To be honest Paul, I would sit tight at the moment. Wait for a few days/weeks and see what the outcome is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30,859 Posts
i think you shoudl buy from a dealer. at least that way mg are making money from the cars there selling. youll still get a discount
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I could afford the dealer prices I would.

I can only afford about £6k, £7k at the max. I have found 180's with around 30k miles on the clock in the guize I want for 6k prices! They are fantastic prices for a fantastic car, but will they get cheaper, if they do I can afford to do some minor mods.


Regards
Paul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,387 Posts
I can't see any logical reason for prices to drop much but you are in a very good negotiating position at the moment. I would suggest you try and negotiate a real bargan and if you get it then take it, if you cant then wait a bit & you haven't lost out.

Parts will always be available so the only logical reason for prices to change is that they will become rare and thus more expensive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Windy said:
Parts will always be available so the only logical reason for prices to change is that they will become rare and thus more expensive.
Thats what I was thinking. It's one of those moments, they could get cheaper because the company disapears, or people realise how good they are and buy them while there are still some left.

Regards
Paul
 

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
Joined
·
3,479 Posts
DTWD said:
If I could afford the dealer prices I would.

I can only afford about £6k, £7k at the max. I have found 180's with around 30k miles on the clock in the guize I want for 6k prices! They are fantastic prices for a fantastic car, but will they get cheaper, if they do I can afford to do some minor mods.


Regards
Paul
You never know prices may go up due to demand and it becoming unavailable - maybe even a classic!! :D

I would wait until next week when someone from MGR has confirmed anything - at the moment the future is not in concrete.

I bought my ZT in Jan this year and the only thing I'm worried about is getting my right hand bumper zorst trim for my twin exhaust!!!! :D Should have been in today, but obviously with the recent news etc, its hopefully next week!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dave turbo said:
I would wait until next week when someone from MGR has confirmed anything - at the moment the future is not in concrete.QUOTE]

It will be next week at the earliest anyway as I have to sort out a loan etc.

I really can't believe MG Rover might disapear!

Regards
Paul
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top