MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, after what seems like a decade since I started this, it's all in and fully operational! After much debating I finally settled on slapping the PS2 under the passengers' seat, and all the associated cabling etc. has been housed within the glovebox:







Originally had the screen mounted into a spare BRM console I had, but I simply didn't have the skill to finish it off as perfectly as I wanted it to be, so in the end just decided to mount it as it is. Some of you will probably think it's a strange place to mount it, but there was three main reasons why I chose to put it where I put it:

1) Less visible to passing chavs.
2) Less glare.
3) Easiest access for cables (i.e. less mucking about putting holes elsewhere).



I have also made a custom PS2 glovebox mount, however I needed my glovebox for all the extra cabling, so this will be up for sale once I have smoothed it off a few more times and re-painted it :)




Opinions welcome as always :)
 

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
Joined
·
34,938 Posts
nice.

are those trainers stan smiths with the green straps?

anyhoo - back on topic - is that a usb lead going into the screen?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
empsburna said:
nice.

are those trainers stan smiths with the green straps?

anyhoo - back on topic - is that a usb lead going into the screen?
1) Thanks.

2) Yes, but white straps.

3) Yes. It juts out at an awkward angle, so I've used velcro to hold it in place out of the way when not in use :)



:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
im gonna whoop your ar$e at Pro Evo next time i see ya! ;) good job matey! ;)it looks all good to me! mind you, what were you doing sitting on the handbrake??! it was only snooker you were playing! ;) Suppose you're the next Graham Dott! good job fella! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
 

·
Registered
rover_25
Joined
·
594 Posts
Verrrry nice..

Top job there! I'm in the process of doing the same to mine, well planning stage really..

BUT i would snap your hand off for that custom glovebox, first dibs, bagsie whatever,lol.

aannyway, brill mod to add to a brill car, you must be chuffed with the outcome!!

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments people :D

AX GT BEAST said:
im gonna whoop your ar$e at Pro Evo next time i see ya! ;) good job matey! ;)it looks all good to me! mind you, what were you doing sitting on the handbrake??! it was only snooker you were playing! ;) Suppose you're the next Graham Dott! good job fella! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Bring it on beehatch, I AM Pro Evo King!!! :dddc: ;)


mikec2005 said:
Top job there! I'm in the process of doing the same to mine, well planning stage really..

BUT i would snap your hand off for that custom glovebox, first dibs, bagsie whatever,lol.

aannyway, brill mod to add to a brill car, you must be chuffed with the outcome!!

Mike
Thanks buddy, glad you like... if you're interested in the glovebox I'll keep you in mind for when it's finished ;)
 

·
Registered
rover_25
Joined
·
594 Posts
ThumpJunkie said:
Thanks buddy, glad you like... if you're interested in the glovebox I'll keep you in mind for when it's finished ;)
Much appreciated mate, power inverter next on my shopping list!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
550 Posts
looks good stuarty boy ;) just incase u people dont know, but i was his glamerous assistant whilst creating this master piece :) also played him at pro evo...i won didnt i stuarty :) :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
**SuZy** said:
looks good stuarty boy ;) just incase u people dont know, but i was his glamerous assistant whilst creating this master piece :) also played him at pro evo...i won didnt i stuarty :) :p
Yep, and it's also Boozy Suzy's controller you see in the pic... :O

Thanks for your help daft stuff :) I particularly liked the way you managed to score into your own keeper from the halfway line... :dddc: :p :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
550 Posts
ThumpJunkie said:
Yep, and it's also Boozy Suzy's controller you see in the pic... :O

Thanks for your help daft stuff :) I particularly liked the way you managed to score into your own keeper from the halfway line... :dddc: :p :lol:
yeah...the better looking controller is mine :) ;)

hey...that was an awesome move...only i could perform to that extremely high standard :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
nice work fella, that's where i plan to put a screen eventually, for the same reasons you've listed actually! do you reckon you could pm me a list of accessories you needed for the job with regards to wiring etc.?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
miker200 said:
nice work fella, that's where i plan to put a screen eventually, for the same reasons you've listed actually! do you reckon you could pm me a list of accessories you needed for the job with regards to wiring etc.?
Anything for you son! :D

Obviously it's all dependent on what connections your screen will have, but here's what I used:

Screen
PS2
Standard PS2 Phono Cable
Standard PS2 Figure-8 Power Cable
250v-12v Power Inverter
Cigarette Lighter (at least) 2-Way Adapter
2x Double Phono Extension Plugs (basically connects the red/white/yellow - audio/audio/video - phono cables to other phono cables of the same type... only needed if the screen connection isn't already phono - mine has a phono-USB connection so they were needed to extend/adapt the plugs.)

1) Plug Screen into PS2.
2) Plug PS2 Figure-8 Power Lead into Power Inverter.
3) Plug Inverter into free Cigarette Lighter Adapter Socket.
4) Plug Screen into free Cigarette Lighter Adapter Socket.
5) Plug Cigarette Lighter Adapter into original Cigarette Lighter.

Job done! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,145 Posts
ThumpJunkie said:
For the umpteenth time people, read the thread! I AM selling it, but not until the summer when it's complete :bored:
TJ is adding the finishing touches to the 'buggy for FandM and for the lucky new owner, who will purchase it in the summertime.

whoever that might be.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top