MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
INew member - just registered as this seems the best informed/most helpful forum I've found.

I've just bought an MGF - it would be difficult to get better weather than the last two weeks. Its a 1997 BRG - basic but at least the roof comes off - not like my daily drive!

One minor piece of advice welcomed - it only came with one fob. I've bought another off ebay but it needs reprograming. Wher could I get this done locally (Taunton, Somerset) without being ripped off for a 10 minute job.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Welcome to the forums Terry :)

I can't help with the question, but I'm sure JamesC will be along shortly to help as he lives near there ;)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Welcome Terry. You will realy enjoy the car and the Forum.

As Ger says, piccies please. It is like an initiation test when joining but make sure the ride height is correct before displaying them or the "it's a nice car but isn't it a bit low" comments will fly in :rofl:

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
Hello and welcome to F Ownership :D

We need photos ;)

Hickley Valtone can code the fobs for you...

Hickley Valtone Ltd
Castle Street
Tangier
Taunton
Somerset
TA1 4AU

Tel. (01823) 328500

No idea what they charge though.

Or if you fancy a drive out to Minehead we can code them for £25+VAT

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Picture as requested - I've already had the suspension pumped up as it was scraping the road. Also new front discs/pads + fluids/filters changed.

Thanks to James re programming fob. Will be in touch

Have a good weekend!

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
Terry has just gone off into the sunshine with his new working fob :)

Nice to meet you Terry and hope to see you around soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A pleasure to meet you and thanks for your help. It was a delightful day for a run through the Somerset countryside.

Take care and see you soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts