MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

[IMG 75 V6 Sport 010.jpg (77.7 KB)[/IMG]

Sorry there is no sunshine and the back drop is a bit farmyard, it had stopped raining and I wanted opinions on the dashboard being black and chrome, I hope you all like?

Oh by the way the forth thumbnail shows how the back originally looked, quite a difference. And the last one shows the premium front end before the new wheels were fitted

Attachments

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Tanvir

Total shopping list

Rear MkII bumper £75
ZT Rear spoiler £12
ZT C pillar badges £2.99
Projector head lights £345
Premium bumper £80
Chrome surround £40
MkII front indicators £20
Viking mascot £25
17" Alloys inc tyres £400

Sub total £999.99p

Spraying

Bonnet and wings £200
Front bumper £100
ZT spoiler £40
Rear bumper £90
Interior paint and
related products £48

Sub total £478

Total price £1477.99 or as Greg says look on 3 series drives faces, priceless. Ot just confused!

·
Registered
rover_75
211 Posts
Oww... I like the silver air vents, the standard ones let the quality down in my opinion - they look tacky.

Also quite keen on the dash colour - is that black matt paint? Easy job?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oww... I like the silver air vents, the standard ones let the quality down in my opinion - they look tacky.

Also quite keen on the dash colour - is that black matt paint? Easy job?
Hello mate, the paint is metalic Black Plasticote and no it was not easy. Firstly I had to remove the wood effect parts of the dash disconect the clock, buy a Torque security set £16.99 use the T20 driver to remove the airbag cover. Then dis-assemble the air vents and all retaining clips. Then sand all of the wood effect parts, prime them, sand them, prime them and then wet and dry them and finally paint them. Then mess it up strip them and do it all over again! For the chrome vents I used Plasticote Chrome paint which has an aversion to drying! But I am pleased with the results. I think the car looks more up to date and finished to a higher standard, even though it is not perfect, but I cant go through doing it all over again. Everyone who has seen it really likes it. I could write a how to guide if it helps?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks very nice. Especially the rear end. Nice shine on it also.
Thanks I had not even polished it. I was going too but my hands hurt a bit after all of that wet and drying! I probably spend in excess of 4 hours sanding, just trying to get a smooth surface.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to add the £1477.99 I have spent so far I have estimated that my bit on Ebay shoul fetch £750 to a £1000 So it has cost wise been great. Now I just need a leather interior and black steering wheel to complete the look!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks great Mike.

Love the Vortex wheels, very classy!:)

Just need a "D" shaped rear plate now....;)
Thanks, but it's a brand new plate on the back I figured most of the MkI's have the sculpted rear plate and most MkII's have the standard one. I used to prefer the big plate, but no I think there is too much yellow. What I need now is a leather interior & a Black steering wheel. Then maybe some performance mods, like a decat SS exhaust, uprated airfilter and then slightly stiffer suspension. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It looks very nice. I bet it hard to keep it clean being black

It is but I bought the car a couple of weeks before I left the car trade, so I had it mopped and polished, plus had it treated with Supa-gard (correct spelling) Which does make it easier to clean. Which is handy as I wash it a few times a week. It is worth the extra effort IMO though as Black shows the chrome off nicely and looks quite sporty too.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Thanks, but it's a brand new plate on the back I figured most of the MkI's have the sculpted rear plate and most MkII's have the standard one. I used to prefer the big plate, but no I think there is too much yellow. What I need now is a leather interior & a Black steering wheel. Then maybe some performance mods, like a decat SS exhaust, uprated airfilter and then slightly stiffer suspension. Any thoughts?
I terms of mods IMO i'd stay clear of making it look too much like a V8.

Yes you have the premium grill and Vortex wheels but do the "other" mods a bit unique.

I.E. Don't do the twin exit exhausts ala V8 but a nice single exit twin pipe like the ZT but with crome/stainless steel pipes............but not too big!;)

Also a spring drop of around 10 -15mm would look good and starpen up the steering too, perhaps ZT springs or dampers aswell?

Wouldn't go down the big boot spoiler rought either as it's still a 75 "SPORT":)

"My 75 and ZT styling services are avaliable free by the way" :tumbleweed:

Again great looking car!:jealous:

Jim

Edit........just noticed you have the small spoiler already, good man!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I terms of mods IMO i'd stay clear of making it look too much like a V8.

Yes you have the premium grill and Vortex wheels but do the "other" mods a bit unique.

I.E. Don't do the twin exit exhausts ala V8 but a nice single exit twin pipe like the ZT but with crome/stainless steel pipes............but not too big!;)

Also a spring drop of around 10 -15mm would look good and starpen up the steering too, perhaps ZT springs or dampers aswell?

Wouldn't go down the big boot spoiler rought either as it's still a 75 "SPORT":)

"My 75 and ZT styling services are avaliable free by the way" :tumbleweed:

Again great looking car!:jealous:

Jim

Edit........just noticed you have the small spoiler already, good man!

I agree the big spoiler IMO kills the clean rear lines of the car and just looks odd. I would like to find a casing for the rear with a chrome box wither side see attached pic and apologies for poor photoshopping!!
75 V6 Sport with intergrated exhaust housing.jpg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts