MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few delays due to weather, work, and parts not turning up, managed to get most of the new interior fitted.

The new 160 came with the standard Half Leather/Daytona cloth (See first picture)..... Nothing wrong with this as such but a little `bland` for my tastes.:rolleyes:

So!!.... Managed to source a set of Alcantara seats/door cards out of a late 04 TF from a breakers.
Along with the above I also fitted the MG-R `Bright Pack`, ie Steering wheel, centre console, door cappings, as well as some anodised look vents and a Smokestone Leather arm rest/cubby box cover (Thanks Gareth!).
Also managed to get a set of X-P hoops in matching `Bright Pack` silver!.:cool:

Justs need some minor `bling` bits and a new set of mats to finish off!!..(Silverstone here I come :lol: )

·
Registered
mgf
71 Posts
Looks wicked mate!

I Have just picked up a set of full cream leather from a 2000 Tf for my F but need to sort the dash out.

Like that a lot!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Simon_peters said:
Looks wicked mate!

I Have just picked up a set of full cream leather from a 2000 Tf for my F but need to sort the dash out.

Like that a lot!
I thought that they didn't start to make the TFs until 2002

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FSU said:
And what - may I ask - are you doing with the old seats ?

What condition are they in ?
Seats were perfect!!

Allready sold though to one of our local `F`ers..

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Its looking bloody good Marl, that is the best interior for the TF without a shadow of doubt. Have to say I prefer the centre console in the standard black but all the other bits are spot on, nice work!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Samuel said:
Its looking bloody good Marl, that is the best interior for the TF without a shadow of doubt. Have to say I prefer the centre console in the standard black but all the other bits are spot on, nice work!
I agree entirely. Absolutely gorgeous seats, but the grey cubby lids only work when it's all grey!!

All IMO of course....!!!

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pete T said:
I agree entirely. Absolutely gorgeous seats, but the grey cubby lids only work when it's all grey!!

All IMO of course....!!!
TBH I agree with you and I may try and source a Smokestone T-Bar......... Not to sure about door cards though as the standard black ones tend to mark very easy so light grey would be a nightmare!!..

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Marl.L said:
TBH I agree with you and I may try and source a Smokestone T-Bar......... Not to sure about door cards though as the standard black ones tend to mark very easy so light grey would be a nightmare!!..
You're right......Just changing the T-Bar might actually be a nice effect!!
Door card and dash would probably look good in black with the rest grey....

....hmmmm...how about of a way of getting the parcel shelf carpet in grey for the complete two-tone look...

I reckon that'll work well!!

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yigit said:
Look very good imho and the bits match each other very well.
Thanks Yigit.

Got lucky with the seats/cards........... and my local Roverparts place had one set of X-P hoops left in anodised silver, so thought I would get the `Bright pack` items to match!!:)

·
Registered
mgf
165 Posts
Nice work Mark
I am really looking forward to seeing your new 'project' in the flesh Mate...

I have been having a handling 'issue' with the F which I am hoping some new poly tie bar bushes will solve this week !! Should be back in action soon !

Cheers
Andy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts