MG-Rover.org Forums banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
1,617 Posts
I may have a set available. The lights in the pic below were on my MPi for about a year. They started filling up with water so I removed them and reinstalled the factory lights. If I recall the lights are in great condition and just need the lenses resealed.
If you might be able to use them I will get them out of the attic and take some detailed pics for you.
Pricewise I am thinking of half of new plus postage, which ,may be less than from the UK. (Only one ocean!)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thank you mate!!!

Rich, you're a saviour! :rocker:
I'll take them thanks mate and if you say they are in good nic, that's good enough for me.
Do you have a PayPal account I can send you money to?
PM me mate with the relevant details and postage cost.
Thank you again Rich.
Ken
[email protected]

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks Bertl;
I contacted the first company with no reply, but not A1. I'll wait to see what Rich says about his units.
Thanks for the links either way
Ken

·
Registered
664 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
The red version look great, the black ones are ok however there seems to be a lot of people who have had these and they have leaked/filled with water, are they poorly made? Wouldn't be keen to change then have to start re-sealing lenses :(

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
The red version look great, the black ones are ok however there seems to be a lot of people who have had these and they have leaked/filled with water, are they poorly made? Wouldn't be keen to change then have to start re-sealing lenses :(
I have a pair of the silver ones on a shelf. The NS one leaked so badly I ended up drilling a tiny hole in it, both to let the water out and to reduce the subsequent condensation. It worked on both counts.

I now have silver four-ring lights. Guess what? The NS one has a mark inside where it's leaked.

·
Registered
mgf
1,617 Posts
I took mine off the car as they half-filled with water although this may not be as big a deal in Australia as it is here on the mossy edge of the Great Bear Rainforest!
Pics and info sent Ken's way.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Leaky lights

I took mine off the car as they half-filled with water although this may not be as big a deal in Australia as it is here on the mossy edge of the Great Bear Rainforest!
Pics and info sent Ken's way.
Can't be anything Mr Silastic and making new gaskets from suitable foam can't fix. Rich, I'm on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef and I bet we get more rain than you! (Wettest part of Australia is 130kms up the road from me.)

We're just waiting for the cyclones to come as its been a slow start to the season.
it's either 32 deg C and dry or 32 and wet here!
Best wishes all.

Ken

·
Registered
664 Posts

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
that will explain why they usually leak then ;-)

Mine don't leak but they do condensate badly. Was never sure if I liked them or not originally they were a bargain at the time and the lights on the car when I bought it were both cracked.

Now I go between liking these and the quads and as a set of quads looks doubtful I guess I'll be sticking with...

·
Registered
664 Posts
I was thinking about taking mine off, but if they are that sought after, I am now thinking about keeping them on.
... if you were to decide to take them off please let me know...I thought I had located a pair this evening but it looks like there is no stock anywhere..and they are discontinued..aarrggh!

21 - 40 of 64 Posts