MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently had new discs and pads fitted to my 01 cdt tourer, the problem is that the drivers side makes a clunking noise even on the smallest of bumps, and the passenger side screams everytime i brake but not the drivers side.
I was initially told that the pads were too small for the caliper and bought new ones (unipart) but the problem persists, both sets of pads have copper grease on them and the caliper does'nt feel loose.
Any pointers chaps?
lee

·
Registered
22 Posts
Fit OE pads (ie MG Rover). Unipart are not MG Rover OE anymore! I had the same problem (mine was also pass side, Copperslip didn't help!). OE pads have a backing material on the pad which stops the squeal . The clunk on mine is now very rare (on the non OE it was persistent!) Although I am not certain what causes it, I feel it is slight movement of the pad in the caliper. I lived with the squeal for 3 months until the back pads needed replacing then renewed the (new) front ones again. I use E-Car Parts on eBay. Very quick - helpful and were with me within 2 days. Now have silent braking - the pedal feels better too!! More expense I'm afraid but unless it says MG Rover on the box it won't do for me. Finally - to be on the safe side if you don't renew, re-check the torque for all caliper mounting bolts and guide pins, ensure spring clips are properly located.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts