MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problems creating a recovery disk in Recovery Manager on my compaq Presario C500 with windows Vista. Im trying to create it on a DVD - but it keeps failing on disk verification? I have now wasted about 5 dvd disks.

Has anyone got any clue why its doing this?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
cityrover
3,409 Posts
I hate to say it, but you're using Vista on a Compaq - the two haven't gotten along since release, and even with the latest updates and drivers from both parties, this hasn't improved - even on unit's bought off the shelf with Vista pre-installed.

Are you talking about Compaq's recovery manager or Vista's ?

·
Registered
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I managed to create one on the first Compaq c500 (it broke, this is the second)

Its Compaqs recovery disk creation/recovery manager.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
32,993 Posts
My parents bought a HP desktop machine last Christmas (with XP) and we had the same problems, we still have yet to get it to work.

·
Administrator
79,177 Posts
I wouldn't bother - if my OS (HP, XP Pro) goes tits up I'll just install a nice fresh copy without the HP bloatware that comes along with it.

Annoying, I know.

·
Registered
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't bother - if my OS (HP, XP Pro) goes tits up I'll just install a nice fresh copy without the HP bloatware that comes along with it.

Annoying, I know.
So that would mean buying one of these: http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/123067 Ill'd rather not have to spend £70 if it crashed/needed formatting. My XP pro sp2 disk I dont think I can use as its allready installed on a computer?

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
you can get your serial number by using a program called jellybean.

this will then allow you to wipe and stick a nice fresh install on.

·
Registered
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you can get your serial number by using a program called jellybean.

this will then allow you to wipe and stick a nice fresh install on.
Right - how would that enable me to install windows? Surely I need a disk - and disks come with keys anyway?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Try cds instead or dvd- instead of +. Don't use RW. don't use cheap Tesco or such dvds.Try slower burn speeds if it's verification after writing that is failing.
You can get over 100 dvds for £19 on line so not expensive just time consuming and annoying when it does not work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts