MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my MG TF First & Second gear seem to want more effort than should be required to force them into place. Here are the things I have tried so far:

1. Paid Mike Satur to fit a "Slick Shift" Gearchange mechanism
and a new Gearbox Abutement Bracket.
2. Replaced Clutch Fluid
3. Replaced Gearbox Oil

I haven't followed one piece of advice from another thread and sprayed white grease on the "rose" couplings at the Gearbox yet. Are there any adjustments, or misconnections in these couplings I should look out for?
BTW The Gearbox Oil change did help a little, I must have been low on gearbox oil as before it was sometimes impossible to select 1st or 2nd Gear, Now it just feels like too much force is needed. Any suggestions? As you can see I have spent quite bit already trying to correct this problem.

TA!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Mine too but, when the revs are right selection is a doddle. I also find that a slower shift from first to second makes a big difference - much easier

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine too but, when the revs are right selection is a doddle. I also find that a slower shift from first to second makes a big difference - much easier
OK. Thanks for the info' I was hoping for a faster shift from first to second, in order to improve the sporty feel of the car!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts