MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What price am i lookin at for getting a gearbox removed and another fitted?

50 quid? A garage quote. (My friends brothers garage he works in)

Is this price good? if so.. im glad i know people lol! if not.. what price is good?

·
Registered
304 Posts
50 notes sounds almost too good to be true to me. Is this just labour?
Don't know about you lot but with my local garage that would work out at under an hour and a half's worth of labour charges.
Still might be wrong

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Cripes fifty quid? That's cheap. It's an involved job and takes a fair bit of time. I would have said at least £120 at a garage probably more.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yaaaaay :D hes doing it tomorrow, and yeah its 50 quid!!! Turns out he is the manager of the garage and himself and another workmate are going to do it :)

·
Registered
5,888 Posts
Link works fine here. :err:

22 minutes is the time from the car driving into the garage, to the car driving out again. It was done during the Britcar Silverstone 24hr race last year. That's before I started working with them, so I missed that remarkable feat, but I'll bet it was done with the car on axle stands too. Very impressive, unfortunately the engine expired with just 3 hours to go, so no finish despite all the hard work. :(

·
Registered
rover_25
551 Posts
To be fair i would only charge £50 on the side but they are a relatively easy job i changed the box and clutch on my 25 1.4 in 45 mins on my own

1 - 12 of 12 Posts