MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have the correct switch panel and the mirrors to match. I have taken the door panel off and connected a cable from the mirror to the switch (I used a cable from an old computer motherboard and it fitted easily). I have fitted a spade connector to this cable so I can run a cable off this to the nearside mirror but this is where my problems start. How on earth can I get the cable from the drivers door, through the flexi rubber hose into the car before I even think about dismantling the fascia and then feed the cable through another flexi hose! Does anybody out there know an easy way or should I send it to the garage and pay someone to do it?

Thanks
Neil

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Ok, I have the correct switch panel and the mirrors to match. I have taken the door panel off and connected a cable from the mirror to the switch (I used a cable from an old computer motherboard and it fitted easily). I have fitted a spade connector to this cable so I can run a cable off this to the nearside mirror but this is where my problems start. How on earth can I get the cable from the drivers door, through the flexi rubber hose into the car before I even think about dismantling the fascia and then feed the cable through another flexi hose! Does anybody out there know an easy way or should I send it to the garage and pay someone to do it?

Thanks
Neil

I was quoted £239.00 for the mirrors and cables + £70 fitting, so I think it probably does not take them that long. The mirrors were £115.00 each which is almost the same price of a standard mirror.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Neil,
I've not done this actual job, but I have threaded floppy wires through headlinings etc in the car, and, would you believe, speaker wires behind coving in my house (I hate seeing trailing wires). I used a length of fairly rigid single core mains cable pushed through, fashion a small hook on the end once through, then using the hook pull the required wire back through.

The bellows bit might make it a case of jer-jiggling, but I'd try this before spending out on professionals, particularly as they'd probably use the same method.

HTH

malcolm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts