MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
jonR200 said:
for upgrading the brakes (solid) is it just a case of replacing the disks or the calipers too??
Calipers and carriers as well.

The most common upgrade for the 1.4 is to just go to the 262mm vented setup, not the 282mm one. Mainly due to cost.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Stu said:
Calipers and carriers as well.

The most common upgrade for the 1.4 is to just go to the 262mm vented setup, not the 282mm one. Mainly due to cost.
yeah i have the 1.4 solid ones and they keep over heating and warping.. its costing me a fortune! but not sure about changing the calipiers :s

·
Registered
mg_zr
8,052 Posts
Tad said:
bumper and side strips colour coding:

NO NEED TO REMOVE THEM, if you're lazy and dont wanna risk breaking them, just suround them with addesive tape and old news paper pages then spray them, looks as good as if you removed them.

In the same topic, I'm sure someone will be good enough to post tips on spraying things properly, I personnaly go to a bodyshop whenever I have something to spray.
Not the best advice tbh, much better idea to take them off. Just be carefull and take your time!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
remember that there are significantly more strips to remove on a 400 than on a 3 door 200.
and the strips are also thinner on the 400 which makes them easier to brake.

my strips were painted by a pro, I have absolutly no pealing nor any other issue.
he mixes the paint with some products that make it stick to plastic a lot better, I know about pealing issues on other people's cars though.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
3,679 Posts
Yeah, you can ping the strips off the 400 II from outside, but it's heartbreaking stuff as the strips and clips are fragile, but the door cards are an easy proposition to remove. 5-10 mins is good going Ashy!

DD

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Brilliant mate. :) This thread has answered a lot of my unanswered questions.

One question though. If you were to get a 'T' engined vehicle, is it best just to completely aviod all these fangled performance chips or are there ones worth getting?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.