MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all, disgruntled MG6 owner here.

Bought a used 6 in June 17, warranty ran out March 18. Had a couple of issues, nothing massive and was quickly sorted.

May time - turbo intercooler split. Circa £400 bill
September - rattling at idle. Faulty DMF diagnosed, £1350 bill.

MG are standing firm and refusing to contribute. The DMF issue seems to be well known.

Anyone else had similar issues? I bought this car due to the good reviews - at the minute I regret my decision massively.

Cheers

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
Bad luck. I guess if it was out of warranty when the faults were found, repair's down to you. Nothing unusual there. Not had a SAIC MG and can't advise on the specific faults. How old is the car now?

·
Registered
mg_tf
234 Posts
As gnu says. It's bad luck for it to happen when the warrenty has recently expired. Would be the same for any make or indeed any product though. Reviews are always something that should be taken with (a very large) pinch of salt. They are mostly written with some bias or personal opinion. As said bad luck. The joys of motoring.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Shame about your issues. I have a petrol 6TSE. Now 44000 on the clock. I got the car at 18500 miles. Problems I've had (under warranty) new cd player, Driver door rubber replacement top of window and volume buttons on steering wheel replaced. Keep treating the seals as they are low quality.Since then all OK. It has been the best 'car' I've owned although my vehicles were all older. My vehicle history for talks sake Mg Maestro 1.6, later swapped for a year old Yamaha SR125! Insurance was getting dear back then (I was 18)Fiat panda split roof original version. Fiat Punto solar edition. Bedford CF(of which I restored a in purple paint (ultimate band transport) and ran for 8 years. Mondeo estate (death trap) Mercedes 380 I think (big auto from'83-rocket).Scimitar se5a '71 (still have). (like driving the equivalent of a spitfire plane for experience) Saab 9-3 diesel last of the glassworks top spec.(that's a rocket too). MG6, I had hoped to get a new 6 but I hear us in the UK now aren't getting it. I plan to keep running the 6 cos it really is great in my opinion. Especially in burnt orange.Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy the car now. They handle really well!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts