MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening people,

Haven't posted on here in a while but thought some of you lot may be interested in some goodies. This has been sitting in my garden for some time now and i think i will make it my new years resolution to remove it ... lol

The following is the list of bits which i could think of that people would be interested in, if there are any other bits just let me know :)

D16 DOHC engine (Rebuilt 1000 miles ago) - £100
ARP head stud kit (Used) - £40
212mm Lightened and balance flywheel (Reduced by 3kg) - £50
212mm clutch (1000 miles) - £50
Gearbox - £50
Predator front bmper with mesh and fogs (Mountings included) - £200
Predator rear bumper with mesh (Mountings included) - £200
PP4 socketed ECU (Just ECU, if you supply tune i can burn it on a rom for you but obviously i take no responsibalities for its effects) - £75
DOHC Dizzy - £50
Quad exhaust system (2.5" mid section) - £100
Front calipers, disks and carriers (very new) - £50
Grey 1/2 leather interior (VERY good condition) - £50
Meshed grill - £30

If you are interested in any bits let me know as if there is enough interest with parts i aim to break it within the first few weeks of the new year.

Nad

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AndBurg - Sorry mate but someone has already asked for the mirrors, but i'll put you down for second in line :)

evilgangsta - If you are brave enough to try and take these skirts off with out damaging them you can have them for free, but take my word when i say they WILL NOT come off without a serious fight :naughty:

Cmburgin - The exhaust is a complete one off and you will need to have it fitted at an exhaust place as it will need new mounts and an adapter.

alt - They are the standard 216 GTi brakes (260mm) but you are more than welcome to them :)

Nad

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Thanks Nad... how about calipers and carriers.... Willing to sell those too? :)

(ie. complete front brake kit)

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
what type of cash ami likely to be looking at for fitting? any rough ideas??

how loud is it btw?? on idle and with say 2000 revs and when booting it

chris

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
My car is a 1997 Rover COUPE, the colour is metallic charcoal grey (colour code LVD - looks black more than grey) and the engine is a 1.6 litre rover k-series.

Im after the following parts:
- ALL ON THE DRIVERS SIDE

*Door Handle (not the lock etc.. just handle) - Preferably body coloured (MET. Charcoal Grey)
*Wing (indicator etc not needed.. just bare wing - NOT THE SHORT INDICATOR VERSION) - Preferably body coloured (MET. Charcoal Grey)
*Headlamp (must be from a COUPE!) - NOT THE SHORT INDICATOR VERSION
*Wishbone/LOWER ARM
*Anti-roll bar
*Shock Absorber

** Mk2 (1989 to 1995, G to N reg) has seperate headlights and indicators. 1989-1992ish has smaller indicators to 1993-1995 (they're shorter at the sides) **

Thanks Alot, Please get back to me with your location as i maybe able to collect
If not could you please give a postage cost for the items.

Im in COVENTRY, West Midlands.... if you put in CV6-4AH into multi-map.com you should be able to get my location.

Thanks Again!
James

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alt - You can have the whole lot (inc hub with good bearings) for £75.

cmburgin - To say its loud is an understatement, there are a few of the members on here who have seen/heard it and they can vouch for it when i say people heard me comming a like off ... lol. It was so loud that i had to stick stainless steel wool in the tail pipes to quieten it! And not a clue on how much fitting would be, i wouldn't think it'd be mega cheap either.

deaney - Does that car look like its charcole grey :_poke: You can also see that pretty much none of the parts on your list can be had from that car. TBH mate i think your post would be better suited in the wanted section (no offence intended ... just calling it as i see it).

wastincars - If i was to sell the whole car there are a few odds and ends i need to tidy up, unless some one wants to make me an offer on the car as it is. If they are seriously interested in it, come down to see it and i'll go through with them what needs to be done :)

Nad

P.S. So far not enough interest on parts to make it worth while for me to break, will make a firm decision once i have my other GTi back on the road :)

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
i pasted in the email which ive been sending out to save some time, i already put the list up in the wanted section... its says PREF........ which means id like it to be that colour to cut out on re-spray costs.

No need to give it tude :tacpb: only asking. :mad:

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
sounds like its too loud for what i want then mate tbh, i want something thats relatively quiet on idle, when im moving i dont care if it makes my eardrums bleed, just for my dad who works shifts dont wanna be waking him up when hes in bed :S

·
Registered
33 Posts
I like the wing mirrors too price them up for me cheers.

Do you ever go to ponty crusie rovermunkey? If you do are you off today meaning the 26th of Dec??

·
Registered
155 Posts
how many miles has the engine done in all and when it was rebuilt what parts were replaced? I may be interested but need to find out whether the engine will go straight in my sohc coupe.
cheers
sam

·
Registered
3 Posts
is 75 the best you can do on the ecu i live in gloucester uk and will want it posted here i can write the bins fine but iv just knackered a trace on my ecu

thanks

running on pp5 with out lmabda sensor mot's not gonna be happy with it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts