MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive noticed a constant wet patch on the area under the PAS tank and pipes.
When I bought the car I assumed it was a spot of oil form a fill up, but the PAS level does seem to be going down rather quick (aftr 3 months its gone down a half).
Is this normal or a leak?
Matt

·
Registered
rover_45
255 Posts
mattie007 said:
Ive noticed a constant wet patch on the area under the PAS tank and pipes.
When I bought the car I assumed it was a spot of oil form a fill up, but the PAS level does seem to be going down rather quick (aftr 3 months its gone down a half).
Is this normal or a leak?
Matt
its a leak - replace the clip on the hoses leading to the top up tank with jubilee clips and all shoud be right.

G

·
The clips used by MGR are rubbish. Cut them off with a hacksaw or wire cutter and replace with fuel pipe clips (which hold better than jubilee clips).

·
Registered
mg_zs
772 Posts
I had exact the same problem, and did as people have said, and the clips when you take them off, virtually fall off they are that loose!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
same here as well, you'll also find it easier to nip up the new jubilee clips with the little 7mm or 8mm nut as its akward to get to with a screwdriver.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should I go to the dealer to get the clips?

Whats better then, jubilee clips or fuel pipe clips?
Matt

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had the exact same problem on my car, I made the garage replace them before I brought the car, they had to replace the temperature sensor and gauge and it seems they slit a water pipe in the process as I now am havint to get the whole water pipe replaced. which has really pissed me off as I only had the car 4 days

G

·
I prefer fuel pipe clips - they are more expensive but are wider and grip tighter. There is less "give" in the size so you do need to get the right size in the first place.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts