MG-Rover.org Forums banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Mmmm I thought so and the guy seems ok. Is his wife's car and they have enjoyed it together, so now bitten by the sports car bug it is now his turn and he wants a S2000....

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Hi again. I phoned again about the Wedgie and was told that the person viewing when I called the first time had put a deposit on it!!! Pooh

Anyway I have had a reply from another - I think?!

Is this one a Wedgie? thanks

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
It sure looks like one - correct colour, wheels, spoiler.

The hydragas looks very low and will need a pump up - the front wheels are in the arches!

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Thanks for that.. Is it a big job/who does it?

Thanks
KPM2010

Found some info' thanks.. Should I look somewhere to see why it os so low?

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
"Just spent £570 on it, Having Head Gasket done, New Water Pump, New Alternator,New Battery and Timing Belt and a new Back Window Got all Reciepts for them, Work was all done Last Month. The car has no rips or damage it is in excellent condition.
Yes its got Full Service History and only 27,000 miles on Clock."

What do you all think for me ?!

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Now I know I am getting on a bit compared to some on here but what the #### is a wegie
I dunno but the ones I remember involve having your undies pulled up above your waitband, circa. chest height, resulting in extreme laughter for everyone un-connected with the resultant testicle damage.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
"Just spent £570 on it, Having Head Gasket done, New Water Pump, New Alternator,New Battery and Timing Belt and a new Back Window Got all Reciepts for them, Work was all done Last Month. The car has no rips or damage it is in excellent condition.
Yes its got Full Service History and only 27,000 miles on Clock."

What do you all think for me ?!
How much are they wanting for it..??

Sounds like a good one if it has got FSH and low mileage. Definitely worth a look. The hydragas is easy and quite cheap to get pumped up, check www.hydragas.co.uk for your nearest garage.

Get over there PDQ and take it out for a drive.

Now I know I am getting on a bit compared to some on here but what the #### is a wegie
I dunno but the ones I remember involve having your undies pulled up above your waitband, circa. chest height, resulting in extreme laughter for everyone un-connected with the resultant testicle damage.
Wedgewood Special Edition MGF

But, like Rob, I remember the more painful version from my school days..!!

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
£ to be ? But he put on the info' £2000+
Reasonable price - get over there and drive it.

I wouldn't be surprised if it feels hard on the suspension with the hydragas being that low though - it looks like it is on the bump stops. I don't think the wedgewood has lowered suspension like the Trophy's but it is worthwhile checking. Also try to find out if it has had lowering pins fitted.

Check through the paperwork carefully and make sure you check over the bodywork thoroughly too. Look in the coolant tank for signs of oil and at the dipstick for signs of mayo, although for that price, FSH and low mileage you can buy it and put some cash aside for Russell if the worst happens.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Right we move on.. He wants £2400 for it. It's the 1.8i which may suit me better.. Is it ok?

He has just had it pumped up.. so...

I think I could get it for £2200. Only 27000 miles so ?

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Right we move on.. He wants £2400 for it. It's the 1.8i which may suit me better.. Is it ok?

He has just had it pumped up.. so...

I think I could get it for £2200. Only 27000 miles so ?
£2,000.00 is realistic, £2,400.00 is on the high side so negotiate. What year is it by the way?

The mileage is low which is a plus.

Have you seen/driven it yet?

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
The Wedgie was, I beleive , a 2000 model and this is a X reg.

I am to suggest that I need a good long test drive. As I said before may get it for £2200 - he said he would wait til he got £2400 even if it took until summer cos he thought he would get it then and cos it was so spot on !
What do you think?

I was going to test drive it from his to mine 30 miles-ish. Normal roads and a good motorway/m1 run and back again. That should be a good test.
At home my wife can cast her sceptical eye over and hopefully go back with me and BUY it?!

Any more advise and commects greatfully accepted... I will be back on later this evening..

Thanks
Peter

21 - 40 of 77 Posts