MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well might have found my coolant contraction problem !!! my mate/local garage did a free test hg test etc today before i take to dealers .im getting a misefire on start up - water in combustion chamber and mayo blob and coolant contraction .dealer did me a new hg 4 months ago it hadnt gone it was just time for a new one !!! well looks likes they might have cracked the head !! well looks like ill be without mg marley all summer knowing them as im sure ill have another battle with warranty co etc on my hands .can you still get new vvc heads ??? and how much ???? or is it the block obviously over tightened any comments / advise would be great peter :mad:

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
it's going to be very hard to prove that they cracked the head had this problem myself when a crappy garage did a HGF on my car but ran it to hot and wrecked the shells :mad:

good luck anyway

Dan

p.s i couldnt get any money back from the clowns that did mine, couldnt prove it :S sorry for the bad news...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well garage should cough up as it hadnt gone before hg done well hope so or im f****d cheers peter

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
fg550 said:
well garage should cough up as it hadnt gone before hg done well hope so or im f****d cheers peter

It may have happened as a result of the HGF, if the head isn't pressure tested at the time, you wouldn't know.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
cjmillsnun said:
It may have happened as a result of the HGF, if the head isn't pressure tested at the time, you wouldn't know.
Thats the thing, he didn’t have a HGF!
This is why I always say do not disturb the HG unless you know you have HGF, as it can result in more problems than you are trying to prevent by changing a perfectly good gasket.
You may be able to rescue the head by using the Land Rover gasket that comes with a shim.
Brand new bare heads are around 300-350 I believe.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well its booked in monday and ive told them so there going to get head tested and replaced if necessary at their cost thank god as im skint at the mo but ill hold my breath peter

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
SHARKYMGF said:
Thats the thing, he didn’t have a HGF!
This is why I always say do not disturb the HG unless you know you have HGF, as it can result in more problems than you are trying to prevent by changing a perfectly good gasket.
You may be able to rescue the head by using the Land Rover gasket that comes with a shim.
Brand new bare heads are around 300-350 I believe.

Ahh my bad,

I agree with you on that.

If it aint broke, don't fix it

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well got 3yrs warranty and just want it right reckon it will take 3yrs just ****** ill be missing some good weather peter

1 - 13 of 13 Posts