MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was watching a US programme called 'Fast N' Loud' last night and on it was a Porsche 996. Apparently the first conventionally cooled Porsche engine but on the program, they said that this car could still be driven but had mayo. They said it was a head gasket failure so they replaced the Porsche engine with a US powertrain. I was curious to know how it could still be driven as the mayo looked very very bad (like heavy sludge). I then did some research today and it would appear that the 996 is more likely to fail from head failure (ie cracks in the cylinder head) than HG failure.

As MGF/TF owners, we have to bear our regular crosses but one of them does not appear to be cylinder head cracking.

·
Registered
mgf
853 Posts
Watch that Fast & Loud on DMax every night and its amazing what they do especially with air suspension and was wondering if they could design a system for our F's instead of the hydrogas, and we could raise and drop it anytime. Maybe someone will bring an F to them some day. Also worth watching is Bangers & Cash on the Yesterday Channel up in Thornton Le Dale. The Clubs should take a trip up there some summer for a meet there.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I get the sense that the US 'Air ride' system takes up a lot of space. Great in a 1950's/1960's US cruiser but in an MGF? But I know what you mean.....:cool:. It would be nice if someone could try to fit the system into an MGF.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts