MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys new to this forum , I have just purchased a used 2019 mg3 exclusive face lift and have to say how poor the performance is .
Acceleration really pedestrian, power seems low even to the point of having to drop down to 2nd gear when driving uphill . Is this normal for this engine ? I find it hard to believe that a car with 106 hp has so little performance ?
Regards Barry

Registered
Welcome to the Forum, Barry. I totally agree that my MG3 (2020) is not a performance car. On the other hand, the parking spaces at the shops seem to keep getting smaller and smaller so it's easy for my wife to park. The purchase price fit my budget and it came with a 7 year warranty! With petrol now costing $AUD2.10 per litre it gets reasonable fuel economy. I feel that I got what I paid for. If I was looking for performance I would have purchased an Aston Martin. 馃榿

Registered
mg_tf
Barry, how many miles has your car done? My wife has 2015 car and it took probably 10k miles to fully free up. If you want these cars to go you need to keep the revs up. If it's run in, give it some stick, I think you might be surprised. On the other hand, there was an issue with timing chains, this caused the chain to jump a tooth, this caused the performance to drop and I believe give issues starting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts