MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 96 mgf and a blaupunct sterio which i put in myself (it didn't have one when i bought it second hand). As the title of this thread suggests I have rubbish if non-existent MW/LW reception (five live etc)...Can I get an aerial booster or just a new aerial or something else ?....any ideas would be great.

I heard that in some cars you need an autolead adaptor but i dont think that applies to the mgf.

The FM works great so yes i did plug the aerial in :)

thanks for any help.

Matt

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
The FM aerial isn't completely useless for picking up AM radio but it is also far from optimal. AM is usually best picked up with a different shape aerial with completely different characteristics. Over the years, different car and radio manufacturers have done various things with regards to aerials and I'm sure I've seen old car radio's which allowed more than one aerial to be fitted.

If you've still got the box and manual for the radio and have look through it - it may have some useful information in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers

OK thanks for the help, actually ive noticed my aerial is slightly damaged, dont know if that would be enough to mess up the reception but i'll replace it and see next time i drive past an mg garage.. I'll post the results.

thanks all..

Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts