MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
The yank speaks

I say farewell to Buick! Thank God!

There is nothing worse than flying down country roads in a MG to come up behind a Buick. Only old farts drive Buicks. They drive 10 under and leave their blinker on.. Completely off in la la land.

Buick is the classic American Boat that looks as inspiring as road kill (as was Oldsmobile.) I am wondering when they are going to trash Lincoln. Then old people will have to take the bus because all their favorite cars will be gone.

Pontiac on the other hand is rather surprising move. They just came out with the GTO and though it looks nothing like the original they are trying harder than Buick ever did.

I don't think that MG/Rover should work breaking into the American market with GM. Firstly; people are confused enough when I say MG.. GM MG??? what?! Are you on Drugs son?

Secondly, GM engineering blows, Americans give Vintage English Engineering a bad rap, I would rather have my gums scraped with a rusty spoon than work on a GM product (New or old!)

MG/Rover just needs to work it's mojo and come into America in their own way.

· Registered
39 Posts
Stephen K. Hone said:
Like I said, you don't know what you are talking about when you make sweeping statements like that.
I have worked on many GM products.. The way they stuff things in the Engine bay is a nightmare. Putting an Oil sensor right next to the oil filter is a great idea! ER NO! Nothing beats a filter that was put on too hard and when you try to take it off your tool slips and break the $30 sensor! That is one of many stories of really bad layout. The engines work well but the cars themselves are as inspiring as a lump of poo. Pray nothing breaks.

The new Cadillac is a joke, Let's target young people because no one under 60 wants to buy the huge boat we used to make. The Corvette hasn't been amazing looking since the 50's and 60's. Why? Because GM was competing against e-type's, MG's, Triumph's, Austin Healey's. The Corvette was a huge American rip off to try to make money off of the English idea of sports cars.

To you Stephen K. Hone I say you have very boring taste in Cars if you are defending American shiat boxes. Why on earth you are at a Rover/MG site? It is beyond me.. So what you are telling me if knowing the history of GM and English cars makes me clueless I wonder what world you live in? Any Ideas? Didn't think so..

Ian Fleming said it all in terms of American cars...

We just pump the cars out and hope people will bite.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.